• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Notts County v Southend United, Saturday 11th December, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • John White

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Shaun Hobson

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Win

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
same as a few first trip to meadow lane.

I'd like to see some spirit, that's it really. A point would be magical.

Arnold
Demi Lopata Hobson Ralph Clifford
Ferguson Agogo
Brunt
Murphy Dalby

Arnold
Howard white lopata Ralph
Ferguson brunt ogogo
Walsh Murphy Dennis

Dalby not offering much
Push the wide players more forward stretching defence, offering forward support to Murphy
Utilise full backs for more width
Make the most of Brunt in Cm
2 more defensive mids to protect defence
3 mids help numbers in midfield where we are at our weakest
An assist on Tuesday and a goal the game before that…

My first ever (and only) trip to Meadow Lane resulted in a 4-0 loss - and a certain Stan Collymore was in the team!
Love the optimism...
I was there. Stan was anonymous that night and we’d been in reasonable form with Stan consistently brilliant in the games leading up to it. A reminder that a humbling or a surprise result is always just round the corner.

Our trip away to the biggest team in the National League will be a big test of character. Having shown precious little grit against Maidenhead the team will need all their determination and strength to avoid getting mullered. However playing in a large and very historic stadium should motivate them so please lads make us proud tomorrow!

Another brilliant set of away figures. Alas tomorrow everyone of them is likely to see the gulf in quality between sides at top and bottom of this division.. I think tomorrow could be ugly

Where's everyone drinking then?

Hooters? ?

Trent Navigation Inn?

Elsewhere in the City?

Arnold
Howard white lopata Ralph
Ferguson brunt ogogo
Walsh Murphy Dennis

Dalby not offering much
Push the wide players more forward stretching defence, offering forward support to Murphy
Utilise full backs for more width
Make the most of Brunt in Cm
2 more defensive mids to protect defence
3 mids help numbers in midfield where we are at our weakest
Of everyone whose pulled on a shirt this season - Dalby is not offering much? I'd say he offers more than most in the team! Maybe Dalby doesn't fit a 4-3-3 formation?

Where's everyone drinking then?

Hooters? ?

Trent Navigation Inn?

Elsewhere in the City?
As a Nottingham local these days I can recommend:
The canalhouse, huge selection of beers (300m from Nottingham station)
Trent Navigation (very close to ground open to away fans AFAIK but with County's big attendances these days, I think over 10k average, this may be v busy)
The embankment (near to Trent Bridge, serves top quality Castle Rock beers (or Vat&Fiddle next to Notts station for same beers))

Hooters is, believe it or not, the pre-match watering hole for a large number of Forest fans and overrated unless you are lonely.... or like Fosters...

As a Nottingham local these days I can recommend:
The canalhouse, huge selection of beers (300m from Nottingham station)
Trent Navigation (very close to ground open to away fans AFAIK but with County's big attendances these days, I think over 10k average, this may be v busy)
The embankment (near to Trent Bridge, serves top quality Castle Rock beers (or Vat&Fiddle next to Notts station for same beers))

Hooters is, believe it or not, the pre-match watering hole for a large number of Forest fans and overrated unless you are lonely.... or like Fosters...
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem used to be a banker, great location, beer & food, notice Green King pub now, still good?

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem used to be a banker, great location, beer & food, notice Green King pub now, still good?
Yeah absolutely, a little bit further out of the way for most I imagine, but food/drink is good and you're still drinking in a cave so no change there!

Yep, phoned the ticket office this morning and despite paying for postage they’d decided to keep them for me to collect. They’re now sending them on the coach apparently. Love this club eh!
Nightmare!

The thing is, I bought them on Monday. You'd think they'd be here by now! So they are probably in the post somewhere. Doesn't really help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back