• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopefully we get a game as good as last years friendly. Some great goals.

[video=youtube;PcnmC9BD41A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnmC9BD41A[/video]

I hope Hodgson gives the likes of Downing and Berahino a chance tonight. No point calling these players up to the squad if you're not going to play them.

I hope Hodgson gives the likes of Downing and Berahino a chance tonight. No point calling these players up to the squad if you're not going to play them.

Totally agree, I was surprised Charlie Austin wasn't called up for a game like this as he has been banging them in.

Surely even you must have noticed that ST has a photo of Farage as his calling card?

As far as I'm concerned UKIP (and its supporters) are scum.

Personally,I wouldn't go out with a Kipper if she was the last girl on earth.

Is it feeding time?

now,now come on girls...its nearly time for kick off...the jocks,as expected ,are right up for this,just hope Roy gets his side right..we might end up looking stupid if he does not

Fancy Scotland to nick this 2-1. I think they'll be up for it more than us and think Roy will play a few of the fringe players.

as they just said on tv,this is Englands hardest game since the world cup,our quli group is weak,so this is a big test for Roys tactics & team

Good result, but what is the point of calling up Berahino if he isn't going to play him?

Good result, but what is the point of calling up Berahino if he isn't going to play him?

To see him training?

I thought we played well and were comfortable. Rooney, Clyne and Smalling were our standout performers which isn't something I'd have expected to say. It also showed that chamberlain should start instead of sterling and that that Lallana is best as an impact sub.

The fact that Downing is even in the squad again is a ****ing joke.

A lot of Liverpool fans appear to be ****ed off by this. Ergo I'm delighted to see him in the squad.

Decent performance last night, took the game to Scotland and they just didn't have the talent or personnel to respond. looking forward to seeing Clyne against top-class opposition; I think he might be a bit special, but let's wait and see. Southampton have some tough games coming up, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

Agree I would have put him on over Lambert.

I thought Clyne played very well, also thought Shaw looked solid. Hope Arsenal can bring some defenders in, play Chambers in his actual position at CB then hopefully we should have a solid back 4 for the long term.

To see him training?

I thought we played well and were comfortable. Rooney, Clyne and Smalling were our standout performers which isn't something I'd have expected to say. It also showed that chamberlain should start instead of sterling and that that Lallana is best as an impact sub.

I would add Wilshere to that list. In fact, I think they all played well.

I think I have worked out a pattern to England matches recently. They seem to be played in twos, and we seem to struggle in the first one, and then play well in the 2nd. I think these last 2 matches have carried that pattern on.

I would add Wilshere to that list. In fact, I think they all played well.

I think I have worked out a pattern to England matches recently. They seem to be played in twos, and we seem to struggle in the first one, and then play well in the 2nd. I think these last 2 matches have carried that pattern on.

Yeah I thought Wilshere good as well. Probably our best player over both matches. The question is who to play alongside him in the middle.

Yeah I thought Wilshere good as well. Probably our best player over both matches. The question is who to play alongside him in the middle.

Wilshire is growing into the role which is encouraging, but it was only Scotland.

The lack of central midfield options is alarming when our choice is some Liverpool players or Milner and Downing alongside him.

Do Southampton have any English central midfielders we can borrow?

Wilshire is growing into the role which is encouraging, but it was only Scotland.

The lack of central midfield options is alarming when our choice is some Liverpool players or Milner and Downing alongside him.

Do Southampton have any English central midfielders we can borrow?

Ward-Prowse hopefully

Thought England played pretty well last night, admittedly against a Scotland side that offered very little in attack until the last 15 minutes. They quietened the crowd and in the second half it was only the England fans you could hear. Some great chants, by the way!

Rooney's form for England seems to have improved with the captaincy and the 3rd goal just after Scotland had got one back was a real team goal. Was impressed by Clyne, looks like a modern full-back who can actually defend as well as attack. Wilshere had a good game and as others have commented that appears to be his best role. Welbeck also showed his value to the team with a lot of hard work and winning the ball back. Defence was solid but not really tested. Was a good honest British game. Maybe things are looking up for England?

Back