• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Now I dont know how to make an attachment for everyone to read .But if you care to go onto the Mansfield town site and look at the chairmans plea to the fans .Sounds awfully like someone close to home .Maybe one of you who knows how can look at it and put it on this site for everyone to read .The talk of pending dooms of court actions is familiar .

It's the way of many cubs, I fear. Good old Sky TV, pour your money into the Prem - that is why I will never have SkyTV.

Thank for the link Chapperz uk It make you shudder to think this oweing money for loans is not just a RON thing .

It's the way of many cubs, I fear. Good old Sky TV, pour your money into the Prem - that is why I will never have SkyTV.

It isn't Sky's fault at all. Football Clubs need to take responsibility for their own actions and the positions that they find themselves in rather than pointing at convenient scapegoats.

It isn't Sky's fault at all. Football Clubs need to take responsibility for their own actions and the positions that they find themselves in rather than pointing at convenient scapegoats.

Depends on who you listen to. I went to a talk by Bob Wilson and David Pleat a few years back. (The talk was in aid of the charity set up by Bob Wilson when his daughter died.) Both of them blame Sky, or more importantly Sky's money, for the state of the game in general. It was a very interesting discussion.

So how would you run SUFC taking into account we are losing £1.2 million a year ?

I would be interested (so would Ron Martin ) to know your proposals.

So how would you run SUFC taking into account we are losing £1.2 million a year ?

I would be interested (so would Ron Martin ) to know your proposals.

Shiny new stadium with corporate facilities. Wasn't that and hasn't that been the plan for the last several years?

Sky can't take the blame exclusively, as much as I dislike them. Clubs chasing the dream, fans for demanding clubs chase the dream, agents, the FA's lack of ability to tell what a fit and proper person is have all contributed to the state of football now. But I think you'd find most people agreeing that the formation of the Premier League in 1992 went a long way to creating the environment for the ills of today's game.

Don't really see the point of this - I'd say nearly all the sides in league one and two are sailing very close to the wind and have been since I can remember. The likes of Mansfield,Accrington,Torquay,Morecombe etc can't survive with p**s poor crowds forever - that's not sky's fault nor is it Ron Martin's fault. If you want a local team - SUPPORT IT.

Clubs now have to do their best to survive on scouting and hoping some money bags like Queens Park Rangers sign up their youngsters.

Shiny new stadium with corporate facilities. Wasn't that and hasn't that been the plan for the last several years?

Like Darlington, or Rushden, or Coventry?
We're always told that a shiny new stadium will save us, but no one tells us how.

We're always told that a shiny new stadium will save us, but no one tells us how.

Nothing like those mentioned. The stadium will not be owned by an external source and we will be able to fill it if we get back into the Championship.

I'm fairly sure Ron wants to keep everything close to his chest for a reason, probably the projected income he could make from it. Why else would he have hung on for so long?

Seemed to do Swansea no harm.

Do agree though, we all know that the stadium is supposed to help us but Ron wont commit to saying how, and 3 sides wont benefit us at all.

Seemed to do Swansea no harm.

Do agree though, we all know that the stadium is supposed to help us but Ron wont commit to saying how, and 3 sides wont benefit us at all.

Or Cardiff or Brighton. But it could be argued in both cases that they haven't been in their new grounds long enough

Or Cardiff or Brighton. But it could be argued in both cases that they haven't been in their new grounds long enough

Brighton were a fairly big club without a stadium so were always going to do well in there. That said the new ground is allowing them to do what they are doing.

Depends on who you listen to. I went to a talk by Bob Wilson and David Pleat a few years back. (The talk was in aid of the charity set up by Bob Wilson when his daughter died.) Both of them blame Sky, or more importantly Sky's money, for the state of the game in general. It was a very interesting discussion.

Because they're looking for a scapegoat. Sky don't force lower league clubs to spend beyond their means. Far better to blame the Murdoch millions than accept the depressing truth that lower league football is a fundamentally flawed business model.

Back