• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Number One Country To Live"

Bazza the dog

First XI
Just looking at the list of countries which were voted best to live in for quality of life. This was done on the basis or life expectency, Literacy and school enrolement per capita etc and Norway came on top.

For me at my age quality of life means other things such as standard of women, nightlife and price of booze so perhaps Norway wouldn't be the place in my top country of place to live. I would have to say Sao Paulo comes well on top folllowed by London and then Buenos Aires in Argentina as they all have plenty of tidy birds, nightlife and bars etc to have some fun.

Was wondering the thoughts of other expats or non expats who have experienced cities overseas to see whats their favourite place for quality and why?.

Having been a frequent visitor Norway and Oslo id have to disagree . Get some friends who are Norwegian they do beer runs to Germany (yes its that serious) and avoid taxis other then that its perfect

For Bazza's criteria

The Norway is a top place, although the price of drinks is high, the gap between a pint in London and Oslo is narrowing, I found when in Norway that the women are either top drawer or resembling their mythical trolls. And the amount of top draw totty is much greater than any other country I have been to.

Top shout for Buenos Aires, I loved my times I have been sent to work out there and the evening life is top draw as is the wine and steaks.

Top shout for Buenos Aires, I loved my times I have been sent to work out there and the evening life is top draw as is the wine and steaks.[/QUOTE]

And so cheap these days if you have a hard currency, I will be in Mendoza all next week too which is another beautiful city in Argentina sampling the local wine and steak.

Having been a frequent visitor Norway and Oslo id have to disagree . Get some friends who are Norwegian they do beer runs to Germany (yes its that serious) and avoid taxis other then that its perfect

So have i got the jist/gist of your post right osy,you suggest we get some friends from norway and dont help them hail a taxi but instead we must help them avoid a taxi,ok no probs.
Just to say that as a fully paid up ****** the above post of yours was one of the first from you that i understood.
Holland if i was 20 years younger,even though i dont drink id have loved to have lived in amsterdam,for the art of course.

Not so much a country, but might aswell be, considering it's like no other place i've been to. Viva Las Vegas! I'm off there next week for the third time. ****ing love it. I've been to a few places, but it's easily the greatest place in the world.

It's a lot cheaper than many would assume, and it is impossible to be bored out there.

Recommend it to anyone. Even the oldens (you know who you are) amoung us would love it.

So have i got the jist/gist of your post right osy,you suggest we get some friends from norway and dont help them hail a taxi but instead we must help them avoid a taxi,ok no probs.
Just to say that as a fully paid up ****** the above post of yours was one of the first from you that i understood.
Holland if i was 20 years younger,even though i dont drink id have loved to have lived in amsterdam,for the art of course.

You could just go there you know

Back