• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Obscure old sayings/shouts/insults

Firestorm

Pedant
For some unknown reason the old shout (aimed at people on bikes) came into my mind today. Does anyone else recall "Get off and Milk it" it used to get shouted regularly in my Childhood but I last heard it in the mid 80's aimed at me whilst I was running !

"Macca is running the show".

I think I last heard that in 2006

'Beard' - a statement that you dont believe someone. From the early/mid 90's. Christ knows how that evolved.

Cuppy - Catching a fart in your hands and then forcing in your mates face.

Not that I agree with the use of it but the word Spas was really popular as an insult at school and I am glad to say had died out now.

Not that I agree with the use of it but the word Spas was really popular as an insult at school and I am glad to say had died out now.

The first one hasn't quite died out yet. That was the method of healing yourself/your partner on Army of Two.

The second hasn't died out yet either, it is on the extinction-threatened list though (at least, in my experience). Thankfully, I add, as someone who had the term thrown at him on a quite frequent basis in his younger years.

thats a new one to me!
Cuppy was what we used to call football, teams of 2 knock out, aka "wembley",

credit to mad cyril for "suss"
must add to this "gutted" with a weird accompanying hand gesture

I hated that trend of adding 'NOT' at the end of every bull**** statement in the early 90s. If anything was ever gonna drive me to getting a sawn off and start shooting up my school, that was it.

Back