• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Season 24

MrB

Life President
First of 4 games against Akichita that will define our season. Nadeeka left so we're a bowler and batsman down. Currently deciding whether to sit on my warchest or go for a promotion push. Keping a beady eye on the transfer market.

Lost the toss today but despite an early wicket we've started well.

End of Over 6: 45-1, runrate=7.50
Thatcher 3-0-22-0
Ahsamuddin* 11 (14 balls)
Guneratne 30 (19 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba b. Mccullum 3 (FOW: 4/1)

:stunned: Not sure what drugs my batsmen are on, their bowling unit has a combined wage of over £600k!

End of Over 12: 104-1, runrate=8.67
Ghauri 1-0-13-0
Guneratne* 48 (30 balls)
Ahsamuddin 52 (39 balls)

Franchise won easily against one of the non BOT teams, which means i should finish at least 4th

Main team have made a good start, in what will be a fairly tight division

End of Over 13: 68-0, runrate=5.23
Bareach 2-0-13-0
Hann* 28 (27 balls)
Jackman 38 (51 balls)

Yeah, didn't set orders as had to go to doctors. Never mind.

End of Over 13: 59-2, runrate=4.54
Natkar 7-0-33-2
Warr* 0 (3 balls)
Perry 37 (47 balls)
Last Wicket: Allan c. Traynor b. Natkar 6 (FOW: 46/2)

we've still got a few batsmen, but with a batsman as one of my bowlers, I'm pretty screwed

First of 4 games against Akichita that will define our season. Nadeeka left so we're a bowler and batsman down. Currently deciding whether to sit on my warchest or go for a promotion push. Keping a beady eye on the transfer market.

Lost the toss today but despite an early wicket we've started well.

End of Over 6: 45-1, runrate=7.50
Thatcher 3-0-22-0
Ahsamuddin* 11 (14 balls)
Guneratne 30 (19 balls)

Annoyingly you seem to have set your sights on someone I've been tracking for days!

Haha, apologies! I tell myself I will sit on the money and then end up spunking it all very quickly the moment a decent player comes along! Assuming it's Fitzhenry he's all yours.

Haha, apologies! I tell myself I will sit on the money and then end up spunking it all very quickly the moment a decent player comes along! Assuming it's Fitzhenry he's all yours.

Much appreciated sir......I had budgeted 2.5M for him, so 3M was a little steep but not disastrous given how desperate I needed him, lol.

Got another one I'm bidding on later too, but I dont think you'd be interested in him.....

Good luck in your OD game. Simon is a close friend of mine and we often spend our Tuesday evenings on Cricket 07 on the PS2......

BS in Money Laundering Storm (26/10/2012)

Rumors are sweeping the SSTA that Batty Shrimpers and their franchise team, Battier Shrimpers are to be wound up due to "Financial Irregularities". BS manger BB was unavailable for comment, but a club spokesman said no decision on the futures of BB and his assistant Steve Evans would be decided until after a board meeting at 17.30 on 27/10.....

BS in Money Laundering Storm (26/10/2012)

Rumors are sweeping the SSTA that Batty Shrimpers and their franchise team, Battier Shrimpers are to be wound up due to "Financial Irregularities". BS manger BB was unavailable for comment, but a club spokesman said no decision on the futures of BB and his assistant Steve Evans would be decided until after a board meeting at 17.30 on 27/10.....
Oh dear. You've been sailing close to the wind with your seniors for a long old time now. Is it definitely all over?

Much appreciated sir......I had budgeted 2.5M for him, so 3M was a little steep but not disastrous given how desperate I needed him, lol.

Got another one I'm bidding on later too, but I dont think you'd be interested in him.....

Good luck in your OD game. Simon is a close friend of mine and we often spend our Tuesday evenings on Cricket 07 on the PS2......
Ah right. Apologise to him for me for pipping him to the OD title last season! He would probably have won the play off that I lost :smile:

Yep, I think so. Last week's timing faux pas cost me.

I put a guy on the market, but he didn't sell for enough, and if I'd put any more players on I wouldn't have been able to compete in the levels I'm at.

I'll start again in 7 weeks time (or however long it is).

Will actually be quite fun to start again...

come on the Arrow

End of Over 28: 115-4, runrate=4.11
Sawyer 4-0-18-1
Arrowsmith* 19 (18 balls)
Perry 62 (85 balls)
Last Wicket: Hird b. Sawyer 0 (FOW: 76/4)

Shame but the team was in need of a complete makeover anyway! At least in 7 weeks you can compete straight off rather than having to sit and wait for the team to drift through the divisions.

I'd best remove you from the SZFL then as you won't be able to complete your fixtures.

Ah right. Apologise to him for me for pipping him to the OD title last season! He would probably have won the play off that I lost :smile:

He said not to apologize as he didn't want to go up that season apparently and you did him a massive favour.......Whether that's true or not, I have no idea....You would probably be in a better position to tell if he's lying or not...lol

MrB said:
Shame but the team was in need of a complete makeover anyway! At least in 7 weeks you can compete straight off rather than having to sit and wait for the team to drift through the divisions.

I'd best remove you from the SZFL then as you won't be able to complete your fixtures.
Yep, sorry mate. I think it's franchise as well.

You about tomorrow?

He said not to apologize as he didn't want to go up that season apparently and you did him a massive favour.......Whether that's true or not, I have no idea....You would probably be in a better position to tell if he's lying or not...lol
Well he's giving me a good thrashing today. Actually we're about level if you compare the two innings but we all know what will happen. He should cruise to both OD and FC titles this season with the wagebill he's carrying, I will happily hold his coattails for a while!

Couldn't resist spending the cash so we have two new bowlers, a masterful/exquisite (25 and captain) and an exquisite/miraculous (28). I can now sell Gulzar (33) who earns £15k less than the two of those combined and I won't have to change a bowler for 4 seasons. Now I just need to get a WK and I'm set.

Match wise, as above we will lose but with 3 away games next week it's not really an issue.

End of Over 21: 127-1, runrate=6.05, reqrunrate=4.86 (267-6)
Graham 4-0-26-0
Cahalane* 51 (58 balls)
Gallage 47 (49 balls)

Last Wicket: Aslam lbw b. Bacon 25 (FOW: 31/1)

Back