• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
Parkway Sports v ShrimperZone CC

Sigh. At least it's out of the way now. I see Muse has the same issue next week!

Currently very torn on whether to keep HHH next season. Now I'm training to replace rather then sell I'm jettisoning three of my trainees in a few weeks so can afford to keep him for another season, my batting will look rather fragile without him, though he hasn't averaged that well anyway. Hmmmm.....

Up Goes The Finger v Southend

Welcome to Irving Park for the match between Up Goes The Finger and Southend.

We can tell you that Southend won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

Let’s join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

GFIing today as we will be resting up the bowlers next week v Parkway, who have suffered badly from the cup run. Need a win here.

Southend United v Jinxy allstars

We can tell you that Southend United won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy and humid day.

1st Vs 8th TIE'd and hopefully will win

End of Over 4: 18-1, runrate=4.50
Naykutse 2-0-7-0
Joost* 9 (10 balls)
Wright 2 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Ray b. Teece 7 (FOW: 11/1)

My opponent's wage bill must be around £2.5m per week. I wonder what the point in that is. They've all been bought this month too.

You've actually got a right tough run with Parkway, UGTF and Sky Blues!! Oh and then me lol, good timing for me!

I had just looked at that myself. If I lose today I may pull the plug on this side next week and accept a double relegation this season, as it's looking quite possible anyway. I wish BT20 was next week, I suppose I should wait until the week after to make sure of promotion in that.

End of Over 32: 197-2, runrate=6.16
Blaney 8-0-53-2
Harris* 22 (22 balls)
Speight 39 (33 balls)
Last Wicket: Davies c. Raisani b. Blaney 85 (FOW: 164/2)

They might as well declare now!

End of Over 38: 180-3, runrate=4.74
Graham 9-0-32-2
Croft* 58 (73 balls)
Farrell 44 (56 balls)
Last Wicket: Keil st. Lamey b. Graham 13 (FOW: 94/3)

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 50: 219-7, runrate=4.38
Teece 10-0-50-2
Walker* 3 (11 balls)
Baxter 49 (69 balls)
Last Wicket: Gichki b. Teece 39 (FOW: 212/7)

I have a BT20 promotion in reserve to counteract the inevitable relegations that will come either next season or the one after when we fully start the rebuild.

Dropped Croft 3 times, probably doesn't make much difference but frustrating nonetheless.

End of Over 50: 267-3, runrate=5.34
Digana 10-0-66-0
Farrell* 77 (93 balls)
Croft 109 (109 balls)
Last Wicket: Keil st. Lamey b. Graham 13 (FOW: 94/3)

Essex in disguise here.

End of Over 50: 328-2, runrate=6.56
Sipho 10-0-77-0
Speight* 79 (79 balls)
Harris 113 (84 balls)
Last Wicket: Davies c. Raisani b. Blaney 85 (FOW: 164/2)

Just when I was starting to believe we lose three quick wickets. Oh well, at least the NRR won't be too bad.

End of Over 20: 105-4, runrate=5.25, reqrunrate=5.43 (267-3)
Anton 5-0-29-3
Helmsley* 3 (1 balls)
Wanless 7 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Guneratne c. May b. Anton 52 (FOW: 102/4)

Needed 4 to win off the last ball, but it was a dot :thumbdown:

And that's the end of the match. Up Goes The Finger won by 3 runs.
Up Goes The Finger 328-2
Southend 325-4

End of Over 50: 325-4, runrate=6.50
Rutherford 10-0-61-0
Prospere* 78 (62 balls)
Rennie 26 (16 balls)

Back