• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 5

MrB

Life President
Full strength knackered team on a TIE, hoping not to slip up like last week!

Question, how much would you value a 32yo proficient/masterful bowler at? Had a conundrum last night and not sure whether I made the right choice.

1m ??????

:eek: Just looked at your transfers, not sure I'd have paid 2.2m for him

Depends on his Stamina, as that will start to drop from 33 onwards. If he's Respectable or above you'll get 3 decent seasons out of him.

Got quite a tough game today.

He has big BTR's but low PFL's !!

205,179 fresh fitness
122,910 energetic fitness
91,919 fresh fitness
68,132 invigorated fitness.

Plus another 4 between 15 + 20k all at Invigorated.

I'm at full strength, but going to PAN, as I want to have a good crack at Sunday's Cup Game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB has a game she should win comfortably on a TIE.

Yeah, got into a bidding war and couldn't back out. His stamina is only mediocre, I intend on bringing that up to competent. The masterful consistency is worth two or three of levels of primary so he should do a pretty good job for me. Also I was lacking a medium pacer and I think his destructive nature will combine well with the consistency to give me some oomph in the middle of the innings. Might even open with him.

Ouch:

James Sutherland - 23 yo, BT Rating=92,160 - lively fitness
Geoff Cook - 25 yo, BT Rating=69,985 - lively fitness
Neil Saxby - 32 yo, BT Rating=60,865 - lively fitness
Cleveland Plummer - 19 yo, BT Rating=60,190 - invigorated fitness
Nyron Cunningham - 20 yo, BT Rating=51,958 - lively fitness
Adeem Sajjad - 23 yo, BT Rating=49,425 - energetic fitness
Carlos Askew - 23 yo, BT Rating=49,207 - invigorated fitness
Rod Curtis - 23 yo, BT Rating=30,402 - sublime fitness
Rod Horrigan - 24 yo, BT Rating=29,587 - invigorated fitness
Brad Lamey - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,085 - invigorated fitness.

One unfit team! A lot of reliance on Cold Rod today, doesn't help that Cooky is in worthless form as well.

Amazingly my new guy Saxby had a bowling and fielding net last week (without popping funnily enough!).

I've been talking about selling Savage and the person who's enquiring is willing to put at least £10 million for him, is it worth selling him?

we're going to get a hiding. He's top of the group, and his best players are:

Ryan Cudworth - 25 yo, BT Rating=100,951
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, fresh fitness.
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Philip Mcsheffrey - 24 yo, BT Rating=55,341
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, fresh fitness.
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Nathaniel Little - 24 yo, BT Rating=22,480
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, woeful bowling form, moderate fitness.
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Pete Bayley - 24 yo, BT Rating=19,157
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, fresh fitness.
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Maurice Taylor - 25 yo, BT Rating=18,428
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, mediocre batting form, strong bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.

Bugger. I've only got a few over 15,000

Welcome to General Stars CG for the match between General Stars and Mad Ron.

We can tell you that General Stars won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Unfortunately Guy doesn't make it into the starting line-up so is replaced by Akram. Rest of team at full strength and most full fitness. Couple of energetic's but thats all. PAN and a nice £200,000 sum coming my way!

Kev

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Poodlefakers

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Looks like he's rested a few, 122k + 24k BTR play, all the rest are 7k or lower

DIBS DIPPERS v ton_up_kings

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy and humid day.

TIE'd when maybe I shouldn't have.

End of Over 2: 7-0, runrate=3.50
Cresswell 1-0-3-0
Bartlett* 5 (8 balls)
Bowden 1 (5 balls)

Anyone have any thoughts on selling Savage for (at least) £10 mill?

One down

End of Over 2: 12-1, runrate=6.00
Van niekerk 1-0-7-1
Taylor* 6 (4 balls)
Bayley 1 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Cox c & b. Van niekerk 5 (FOW: 5/1)

Should have played the reserves!

End of Over 5: 17-2, runrate=3.40
Pedro 3-0-14-1
Sajjad* 9 (15 balls)
Askew 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Cook b. Pedro 8 (FOW: 17/2)

1 down, but not the 120k bat unfortuantely. Maybe we'll just chip away at the other end.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Poodlefakers

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 6: 16-1, runrate=2.67
Schoeman 3-0-10-0
Maccallum* 13 (23 balls)
Hammond 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Blott lbw b. Middleton 3 (FOW: 9/1)

Early wicket for Mrs BB, but she's a bit short of bowlers today, so could with Mohammed picking up another couple.

Back