• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Big games in the BB household today.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Crantock

2 100% records come head-to-head as we (3rd) take on the side in 2nd. He has 2 monster players, a 489k wage NZ bowler, and a 400k wage SL bat. He's also got 5 other players earning 40k+. Juggled the batting order a bit, as the bowler tends to bowl overs 1-10 and 21-30, so my best 2 Defensive bats (Downing and Evelyn) will open to try and nullify his bowler, whilst the middle order hopefully make headway against the lesser bowlers. PFL not the best, but we're putting a full-strength side out on a GFI. Oppo rested all his players for this weeks FC match, so he'll have an advantage there, but we might have the morale advantage after winning our FC game. Should be a good one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southend v DIBS DIPPERS

SZ Derby, as the top 2 come face to face, with only a NRR diff of 0.05 seperating them. Mrs BB added a Pakistan quick to her squad this week, and Muse has helpfully prepared a Cracked pitch for him :smiles:. Mrs BB finished her FC match inside 2 days, whilst Muse had to grind out the full 3 days in a draw. Mrs BB obviously at full-strength, and they've agreed a mutual TIE. Should be a corking game

My cracked pitch is for my indian quick! Didnt notice she bought a player this week, teaches me for paying no attention. Lost the toss and batting, Dowe out first ball and Tsietsi dismissed too. 66-2 after 13 overs.

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

Took an early wicket, but that's just brought the SL bat to the crease....

End of Over 13: 58-1, runrate=4.46
Lindop 7-0-35-0
Thatcher* 25 (30 balls)
Biyatris 25 (23 balls)

Last Wicket: Magill b. Job 8 (FOW: 13/1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southend v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

Mrs BB struck 1st ball with Eagles removing Dowe, Muse recovered well, but Eagles has just struck again. Shah took a bit of a pasting on his debut.....

End of Over 13: 66-2, runrate=5.08
Eagles 7-0-33-2
Davenport* 14 (7 balls)
Raisani 32 (42 balls)

Last Wicket: Tsietsi b. Eagles 20 (FOW: 49/2)

General Stars -vs- Jimbo All Strars

End of Over 16: 76-1, runrate=4.75
Tiisetso 3-1-8-1
Sookram* 1 (2 balls)
Browne 37 (47 balls)

Last Wicket: Waterhouse b. Tiisetso 31 (FOW: 65/1)

Lost the toss and put into bat. Sunny day in Essex on my uneven track, so an okay start!

Bot Bashing away

End of Over 20: 62-4, runrate=3.10
Botha 5-0-17-0
Pace* 23 (30 balls)
Whittles 10 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Sansom b. Asher 5 (FOW: 38/4)

TTTTTIIIIMMMMBBBBBER - 400k pw, out for 39 :clap:

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 22: 90-2, runrate=4.09
Singh 1-0-3-0
Glazier* 12 (13 balls)
Thatcher 31 (49 balls)

Last Wicket: Biyatris b. Begg 39 (FOW: 76/2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muse starting to slow up a bit...

Southend v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 23: 114-2, runrate=4.96
Kealey 5-0-20-0
Raisani* 50 (70 balls)
Davenport 41 (39 balls)

BB, how does Mrs BB afford these monster wage players? I'm guessing the new one is sub 100k per week most weeks due to NT subsidy, but 300k on one player seems mad.

Hamilton is destroying this league this season... luckily enough today as most of my bowlers are down to invig

End of Over 31: 189-0, runrate=6.10
Leary 9-0-49-0
Butler* 83 (105 balls)
Hamilton 100 (83 balls)

Museshrimper said:
BB, how does Mrs BB afford these monster wage players? I'm guessing the new one is sub 100k per week most weeks due to NT subsidy, but 300k on one player seems mad.
She only paid 2.5m for him, so still has about 3.5m in the bank. She's come to an agreement with the Pakitsan manager, that if he gets 1 net pw, and is at Energetic or above then he'll definitely play in the NT games, so he'll only work out at about 150k pw as an average. Steep but she can just about afford it, as the rest of her wage bill is only about 600k pw. I can see her selling him before the end of the season, and if he's still in the Pakistan squad I reckon she'll get more than the 2.5m she paid for him

Last edited:
Hamilton is destroying this league this season... luckily enough today as most of my bowlers are down to invig

End of Over 31: 189-0, runrate=6.10
Leary 9-0-49-0
Butler* 83 (105 balls)
Hamilton 100 (83 balls)

well done me....

32.2 W Leary to Hamilton
Bowled. A touch short but Hamilton, trying to work it to the on side, only gets an inside edge on it, sending the ball into his stumps.

She only paid 2.5m for him, so still has about 3.5m in the bank. She's come to an agreement with the Pakitsan manager, that if he gets 1 net pw, and is at Energetic or above then he'll definitely play in the NT games, so he'll only work out at about 150k pw as an average. Steep but she can just about afford it. I can see her selling him before the end of the season, and if he's still in the Pakistan squad I reckon she'll get more than the 2.5m she paid for him

Not too bad, really. As for the game, looks like it could be a score of 250+ which will mean a close contest.

End of Over 33: 167-2, runrate=5.06
Kealey 10-0-41-0
Raisani* 71 (96 balls)
Davenport 72 (74 balls)

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 32: 97-10, runrate=3.03
Botha 6-0-20-2
Pace* 40 (61 balls)

31.6 W Botha to Craddock
Got him! That was plumb and Craddock had no clue what was going on. Great bowling by Botha.
31.5 W Botha to Blackburn
Wright goes up with a big shout for an edge. It's been given. That must have been the faintest of nicks.

Museshrimper said:
Not too bad, really. As for the game, looks like it could be a score of 250+ which will mean a close contest.

End of Over 33: 167-2, runrate=5.06
Kealey 10-0-41-0
Raisani* 71 (96 balls)
Davenport 72 (74 balls)
I reckon par on Cracked / Sunny is 250, so you're going to be close to that.

Same conditions in my game, and we should keep him below 250, but his monster bowler will probably be too much for my lot.

End of Over 38: 155-2, runrate=4.08
Tandy 9-1-30-0
Thatcher* 62 (83 balls)
Glazier 44 (75 balls)

Last Wicket: Biyatris b. Begg 39 (FOW: 76/2)

Reporting from 'Flannagans' in central Sofia. Is there anywhere in the World that doesn't think you need to give a pub an Irish name? Still, can't argue with £2 for a pint of very palatable Bulgarian lager.

Didn't check my game so default line up. My oppo are pretty good and sit in third from memory so very happy to have them at under 4 per over after 39, 4 wickets down so hopefully Diggers can bowl them out.

End of Over 41: 199-2, runrate=4.85
Robins 6-0-29-0
Sookram* 64 (90 balls)
Deane 26 (24 balls)

Last Wicket: Browne c. Manchester b. Tiisetso 69 (FOW: 148/2)

brutal stuff from our 3rd wicket pair, 18 off the last over.

End of Over 45: 301-2, runrate=6.69
Willetts 8-0-63-1
Sookram* 59 (34 balls)
Horsfield 31 (15 balls)
Last Wicket: Butler c. Leary b. Willetts 95 (FOW: 236/2)

Would have taken this at the start, going to be close...

End of Over 49: 211-3, runrate=4.31
Job 10-1-44-1
Mcleod* 11 (23 balls)
Thatcher 96 (112 balls)

Last Wicket: Glazier c. Evelyn b. Singh 55 (FOW: 187/3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great last 5 overs from Shah (5-1-11-2) has dragged Muse back a bit.

Southend v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 49: 238-5, runrate=4.86
Shah 10-1-40-2
Rennie* 3 (3 balls)
Chill 2 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Davenport c. Lock b. Shah 113 (FOW: 233/5)

Last edited:
Back