• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

greyerfox

First XI
Has it been mentioned on here that Manor have reached the final qualifying round of the FA Cup and play Kettering away on 29 Oct? With their most impressive results in the FA Cup thus far it is not beyond the bounds of possibilty that we could be in the hat with them in the draw for the first round proper.

Yeh it was mentioned on another part of the forum somewhere. Unfortunately Kettering away is a big big ask for them, think there is a 4 tier difference. Depends what strength squad Kettering put out I guess.

Hope they get through though that would be amazing!

I'd welcome a tie against them so that we can wallop them and progress into the next round. Anybody who thinks they can hold a candle to us is sadly dellusioned. I rather think Kettering may be a step too far for them.

Damnit. Was hoping that they would play at home as if they were I was going to go and watch them. I'd like them to get through, but I can't see it. Would be pretty epic if Southend played Southend Manor at Southchurch Park. Thing is, this is still a major achievement for them and they've no doubt done their finances well in the last few weeks.

I wouldn't write them off against Kettering though, they played Leighton Town who are a league above them, wish them luck!

The odds, well there are 80 sides in the first round proper. It is no longer based on a north / south basis, so the odds of us getting any particular side are 79-1.

There are I believe 64 sides left in the 4th Qualifying Round, so you need to include the 32 that will get knocked out so that ups the odds to 111-1, which will drop to 79-1 once the Qualifying Round is played.

Then you need to factor in the chances of Manor actually turning over Kettering, which are say 16-1 and at this point I need a maths degree, which I don't have.

The odds, well there are 80 sides in the first round proper. It is no longer based on a north / south basis, so the odds of us getting any particular side are 79-1. There are I believe 64 sides left in the 4th Qualifying Round, so you need to include the 32 that will get knocked out so that ups the odds to 111-1, which will drop to 79-1 once the Qualifying Round is played. Then you need to factor in the chances of Manor actually turning over Kettering, which are say 16-1 and at this point I need a maths degree, which I don't have.
Surely if you assume the odds of manor winning are 16-1 then the odds of playing them is a 1 in (16 * 79) chance? Off the top of my head that's about 1250-1. So basically don't get your hopes up.

slim to none I reckon, they've done really well to get this far would be an amazing achievement if they made it through to the 1st round.

would be interesting match considering some blues fans have played for manor inc me :smile:

Back