• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend_aussies

I come from a land down under
Southend team: Belford, Clohessy, Hall, Timlin, Ferdinand, Phillips, Prosser, Leonard, Assombalonga, Tomlin, Barker.

Subs: Straker, Cresswell, Spicer, Harris, Hurst, Bentley, Benyon

No Eastwood and strange that Spicer is on the bench when we need midfield experience.

Timlin starts!

Southend United ‏@SUFCRootsHall
Southend vs Accrington: Belford, Clohessy, Hall, Timlin, Ferdinand, Phillips, Prosser, Leonard, Assombalonga, Tomlin, Barker.

Southend United ‏@SUFCRootsHall
Subs: Straker, Cresswell, Spicer, Harris, Hurst, Bentley, Benyon

Surely Timlin is nowhere near match fit, expect he'll be off after 60 minutes for Spicer! Can only assume Straker carrying a knock, although in theory if you are fit enough for the bench you should be fit enough to start. Hope Assombalonga and Tomlin hit the ground running.

Shocks everywhere there.

Timlin meant to be out for weeks, no spicer, Eastwood not even on the bench.

Not overly optimistic now with that front line.

Tomlin looks the key man today. Hopefully he can have a debut to remember.

To be fair, you've not seen Assombalonga.

No I havent, cant be optimistic about a player Ive never seen, and the fact he has only played none league doesnt help. Not like a non league player is going to score a hattrick on his debut is it.

Eastwood pulled a calf in training on thursday.

Reminds me on Saturday nights in the Esplanade many years ago...

Accrington: Dunbavin, Lindfield, Liddle, Nsiala, Murphy, Joyce ©, Miller, Clark, Chippendale, Hatfield, Sheppard.

SUBS: Dawber, Winnard, Amond, Gray, Dawson, Barnett, Richardson

Eastwood and Harris injured, I get that. Elsewhere it's an odd line-up. Straker should be in at left-back really. Prosser is coming along well but I feel Straker is a better player. Only good reason I can think of for it is Sturrock combating Stanley's height if they have any.

Timlin starting is odd, the guy has no match fitness, I think even Spicer is fitter so why isn't he starting? And why no Hurst? One of my stand-outs during pre-season, classy and an attackig threat in the wing. Surely that's what we need in a home game?

Hmmmmm.

Would imagine we'll line up in a 4-4-2 like this?

Belford

Clohessy - Phillips - Barker - Prosser

Leonard - Ferdinand - Timlin - Hall

Assombalonga - Tomlin

Suppose we can move Hall up front to make a 4-3-3 but Prosser is hardly the overlapping full back needed for that formation...

Back