• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh God, please no:

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Have cut and pasted this from the BBC website. I cannot wait to hear this song.:eek: :rolleyes:

The McCanns are also considering releasing a cover version of the Bryan Adams' song Everything I Do, I Do It For You, in an effort to raise more money for their campaign.

Speaking to Sky News Mr McCann said: "That song, at the minute, best reflects how Kate and I feel emotionally and how determined we are to continue searching for Madeleine.

Insane. Absolutely crazy. Do they want people to get sick of them and forget the very reason they've created this media circus?

This is madness....

I think everyone got so sick of it first time round.

If there was ever an incentive to give the kidnappers up this is it.

Come on people.....

Oh jeez! Please, no ...

There's a small boy gone missing in Gran Canaria this week ~ no media circus BB style "Day 50" crap on Spanish TV. Just a concerted effort to find him ...

Oh jeez! Please, no ...

There's a small boy gone missing in Gran Canaria this week ~ no media circus BB style "Day 50" crap on Spanish TV. Just a concerted effort to find him ...

Fair play to the McCann's for keeping the story as much in the Public Eye as possible, considerably increasing the chances of finding her alive. However, this will just come across as an over expense... surely the money taking to release the single could be far better spent towards the cause.

surely the money taking to release the single could be far better spent towards the cause.
They'll no doubt find someone who'll donate the studio time for free and a distributor who'll do a p&d deal with them so that no money is spent by the McCann's up front.

Oh jeez! Please, no ...

Interesting post Mike.

At my school we have a prayer board in the form room, where each week we write up a selection of intentions (well, we are suppsoed to do it each week, I do it about once every 3 weeks...) and we spent about 20mins talking about children going missing around the world. Many of the children started off thinking Madeline McCann was the first child ever to go missing abroad, but through my own input - and some of the mroe clued up members of the class - ended up with a good discussion about how tragic it is that many cases like the McCanns go unnoticed for some reason. They then struggled to understand as to why there was such focus on this case, and I couldn't answer them! It is interesting that they are very actively RC, as is my school, and the children said they found it strange as, quote, "the papers always have a go at us catholics!" ;)

I think if anything good was to come out of the McCann case, it would be raising awareness of this as a larger issue. This is obviously to take nothing away from the family who must be going through an unbearable time. It's just they are clearly not alone in their plight.

The McCanns are also considering releasing a cover version of the Bryan Adams' song Everything I Do, I Do It For You, in an effort to raise more money for their campaign.

I was at a wedding last year and that song was played during the signing of the register. Yuk.

Have cut and pasted this from the BBC website. I cannot wait to hear this song.:eek: :rolleyes:

Speaking to Sky News Mr McCann said: "That song, at the minute, best reflects how Kate and I feel emotionally and how determined we are to continue searching for Madeleine.

That song is the nuts IMHO, but they are just going to ruin it.

I have no problem with the McCann story being in the paper everyday because I hope they find her alive and well, but its there own ****ing fault.

That song is the nuts IMHO

Is this youth speak for "one of the worst f**king songs ever written, recorded and PLAYED TO F**KING DEATH until I was SICK TO DEATH of hearing it and wanted to stove Bryan Adams head in with monkey wrench for his sins against humanity?

Or have I got that wrong?

To be fair, I think Everything I Do is a great song but ultimately one that suffered because of its abnormal lifespan in the charts. I'm convinced that had it only been number one for four weeks, rather than 16, it would now be considered a classic.

The idea that the McCanns might record the song, however, is indeed a horrifying one.

And I was being ironic, because IMHO it truly is a hideous, sickly sweet pile of crap of the highest order.

Boo to MK Shrimper. Yes its a good song and yes it has been over played but thats because its been successful!

Back