• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh..... its starting again.

nnatt76

Youth Team
Well i have got to admit i thought it would take longer.

Blues bashing is back and with all the usual gusto we come to expect.

Ok we lost to run away leaders of League one a tad tamely maybe but i thought we actually played good football.

I fully expect Tilson out chants at the next game....

Some of you guys crack me up you really do.
rock.gif

Agree with that... the doom and gloom merchants only post on here when we lose and I share your sentiments. I don't bother posting opinions with them anymore.

Our league performance is what's improtant right now and whilst the cup run is over for another year, we've already got enough money from TV rights and attendance to see us alright! let's move on...

Jupp was getting a lot of stick from the South Upper. Bart, as mentioned in another post of mine, was getting it REALLY badly and even Gower and Eastwood (!!!!!!!!!) got a fair bit of criticism.

Unbelievable.

Put the result into context.
Yes it was disappointing.Bad goals-bad defending.
Yes we did appear to get stage fright again.
Yes it is a missed opportunity for a Cup Run.
But.....
Go back 12/13 months and compare and contrast.....
I know what I'd sooner have.
We got a lesson last night and part of the way to further improvement is learning from the experiences on the journey.
As long as we do we'll be ok.

id like those to**ers who gave Bart stick to come on here and justify the abuse to me.

They are crap we can do without !!

As you have requested i am going to tell why Flavs should go straight back in the team and Bart should be droped.

1. Flavs has never let southend down (apart from 1 off the field antic)

2.Bart cant kick, when Darryl kicks it lands near a southend player.

3. Bart is not a good shot stopper, however Flavs is probably one of the best in the lower leagues.

4. All Bart was bought in for was his great ability at coming for crosses and normally he is better at this than Flavs, however due to Flavs shot stopping abilitys he normally recovers from this.

5. Flahavan has been treated really bad by southend during the last few years as of southend bringing in new keepers to be number 1 and who are not even up to his standard such as Embo, Robbo and Bart.

There is your answer as you can see im propbably correct.

id like those to**ers who gave Bart stick to come on here and justify the abuse to me.

They are crap we can do without !!

Dont agree with s;atting the players at the game but Ingmatt does in my opinion have a valid point.

Darryl has never made a glaring error for Blues and I feel had we had it in goal last night we might not have let in 3 in such a short space of time.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]5. Flahavan has been treated really bad by southend during the last few years as of southend bringing in new keepers to be number 1 and who are not even up to his standard such as Embo, Robbo and Bart.

I'll think you'll find that Flahavan has actually not treated the club too well himself... when we wanted him to sign he refused to sign a contract, only doing so when the ITV deal broke down.

Then he publicly stated he wanted to review his options and refused to sign until all other avenues had been exhausted.

He has probably brought some embarrassment on himself and the club with his off pitch antics (that have been previously well-documented).

Flahavan has never convinced me to be honest - I tend to feel more comfortable when Bart's in goal. Granted, last night he had a bit of a shocker but you also have to look at the skill of the Luton players in that. Tough call but it would be Bart every time for me.

I'd have to stick with Darryl. don't feel secure with Bart and i feel he should have done better with all 3 goals last night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 13 2004,16:12)]I'd have to stick with Darryl. don't feel secure with Bart and i feel he should have done better with all 3 goals last night.
Agreed - he should have done better last night having watched the goals back today but you've got to ask yourself - would Flavs have done any better? IMHO he wouldn't have.

I would call the absolute inability to come for any sort of cross unless it's hurtling towards his face a liability, and let's face it the excuse that he's too short is crap look at McGleish he's not the tallest and he was causing us al sorts of problems with his head and Flahavan can use his hands.

P.S. Whatever ever happened last night no excuse to call Bart a 'Dutch w***er' really is there!

Agreed theres no excuse for abusing our own players and I never hid the fact I think Darryl is a much more accomplished keeper than Bart and last night Bart embarassed us with his performance and theres plenty more to come, Swindon booted him out for a reason, he is even tagged as a 'comedy keeper' and I expect teams pray we play him when we meet. He is tall that is his strength a good asset I accept but i'd rather a keeper who can save shots and kick not just grab the occasional corner??? Everyone knows if Darryl came for crosses he'd be a chamionship keeper so this discussion is exhausted,Just my opinion though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Nov. 13 2004,08:04)]I fully expect Tilson out chants at the next game....
If only we had a manager called "Tits"

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 13 2004,19:14)]Agreed theres no excuse for abusing our own players and I never hid the fact I think Darryl is a much more accomplished keeper than Bart and last night Bart embarassed us with his performance and theres plenty more to come, Swindon booted him out for a reason, he is even tagged as a 'comedy keeper' and I expect teams pray we play him when we meet. He is tall that is his strength a good asset I accept but i'd rather a keeper who can save shots and kick not just grab the occasional corner??? Everyone knows if Darryl came for crosses he'd be a chamionship keeper so this discussion is exhausted,Just my opinion though!
Embarassing is staying rooted to your line for every corner and cross that comes inside your 6 yard box and watching opposition players tap it in, time after time. Embarassing is finishing 17th or 18th in the 4th division year after year. Embarassing is getting ****ed at a sponsor's function and getting your knob out. Embarassing is refusing to sign because you think you are too good, only to have to return cap in hand because the only club who offered you terms were playing below the conference. Embarassing is getting caught in no mans land miles outside your area and not only then trying to catch the ball, but protesting about the inevitable red card which nearly costs your team three points in a game in which they were cruising.

Griemink was probably at fault for the first goal, but his failure couldn't come quick enough for a lot of so-called supporters. Using 'logic' such as "Swindon booted him out for a reason" is complete and utter b******s. There's a reason why ALL of our players are playing 4th division football. If you want to use that logic please explain why no other team wanted to sign Flahavan when he has been out of contract. There have been at least three occasions when the supposed best shotstopper in the division has been out of contract and available for free, but apart from Brighton who had a look and thought better, the only other team to show an interest was Waterlooville.

Sometime I feel Brat was rushed out too early due to flahaven injury - brat was meant to have 1 or 2 reserve games before he was ready for 1st team acton - people has to remeber brat was out for nearly 2 & half month with an knee injury after our 4-1 win over Rushden in early September.

Come on, give him a break - he need our support at Yeovil, let make him feel better after friday by showing him support in warm up & durning the match - if we abuse him throughout the game, Yeovil will destory us due to Brat losing confence about himself & cause more error, we DON'T want that!

Back