• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
Gave up a free ticket for Ultravox to watch a sterling, back to the wall performance.

Saw Spicer begin his tackle at 7.45 and land it at 7.57. Let's hope we get to bring some central midfielders in as it ain't happening for this guy.

My main point to this thread is what have you skipped in the past to turn out on a rainy night to watch the Blues. And what was the result.

Err a whole Christmas and New Year, the meals, presents and plans.

It was the year we lost to Col Ewe on boxing day, but due to the weather and a minimum 3 and a half hour drive it forced me to make a decision and spend Xmas day & Night away from the Mrs and the In Laws up North. The subsequent row and snow meant I did not see her all Xmas and New year - whoops!!!

Part of my Holiday in the far reaches of scotland to fly home for the Man United game,celebrate and then fly back to scotland the following day.........a very happy man indeed

Err a whole Christmas and New Year, the meals, presents and plans.

It was the year we lost to Col Ewe on boxing day, but due to the weather and a minimum 3 and a half hour drive it forced me to make a decision and spend Xmas day & Night away from the Mrs and the In Laws up North. The subsequent row and snow meant I did not see her all Xmas and New year - whoops!!!

You mean where she rants that you love SUFC more than your family , and you try to come up with plausable reasons that she's being unreasonable.

I missed a night's sleep for a midweek 4-0 home defeat (2nd leg) to Coventry in the league cup. Tried to sleep on a bench at Reading train station but Royal Mail can be quite noisy! Pulled in to Derby train station at 7:30am and went straight in to work. :facepalm:

Gave up a free ticket for Ultravox to watch a sterling, back to the wall performance.

Saw Spicer begin his tackle at 7.45 and land it at 7.57. Let's hope we get to bring some central midfielders in as it ain't happening for this guy.

My main point to this thread is what have you skipped in the past to turn out on a rainy night to watch the Blues. And what was the result.

And by 9.50 you were presumably dancing with tears in your eyes?

Missed Wycombe at home about 3 years ago (3-2 win?) or the Oxford game (2-1 win?) for a friends birthday meal. That night, it all kicked off, the meal ended early and I now only speak to one of them out of about 30 people haha

Oh and btw, it was totally worth it

I sacked off a date once to go to a Southend game. Can't remember who or the score but of course it was worth it which is why I sacked her off knowing full well that I would get another chance.... and if I didn't she wasn't worth it.

I know this isn't really SUFC related, but I watched TV programme many years ago about AC Milan. It was when they were by far and away the best team in Europe. They interviewed a fan who was very proud of the fact that he hadn't missed a game, home or away, including European matches for about ten years. He even missed his mum's funeral for one match...and still looked very proud of himself.

I know this isn't really SUFC related, but I watched TV programme many years ago about AC Milan. It was when they were by far and away the best team in Europe. They interviewed a fan who was very proud of the fact that he hadn't missed a game, home or away, including European matches for about ten years. He even missed his mum's funeral for one match...and still looked very proud of himself.

I think the popular saying is "It's what she would have wanted"

My wedding day. Well almost. Somehow I timed the date wrong and it clashed with the last game of the season. It was in Gretna Green, I delayed sending the paperwork back so missed the date the paperwork was needed by, which meant we had to set the wedding back a few weeks, luckily due to it being in Gretna and not a traditional church we were able to do it at relatively short notice. To this day, she still doesn't know the real reason behind the wedding being held back.

We're divorced now.

My wedding day. Well almost. Somehow I timed the date wrong and it clashed with the last game of the season. It was in Gretna Green, I delayed sending the paperwork back so missed the date the paperwork was needed by, which meant we had to set the wedding back a few weeks, luckily due to it being in Gretna and not a traditional church we were able to do. To this day, she still doesn't know the real reason behind the wedding being held back.

We're divorced now.

Hahahaha. :hilarious:

What was the score?

Back