• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 2nd March, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 58 86.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 55 82.1%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Adam Crowther

• Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 47 70.1%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • James Morton

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • David Martin

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone fancy a go at this? ;

Supporters will be playing for £1,650 this week in the AC Tyres Ball Through The Tyre Challenge.

Three supporters will be picked at random to take part in the half-time challenge against Southend, and have three attempts each to kick the football through the tyre.

If a supporter does get the ball through the tyre, they'll take home the prizepot of £1,650 which increases by £50 each game if no one is successful.

To be in with a chance of taking part, please send an email to supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk with the following details in the body of the email.
  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Email address
  • Contact number
  • Stand where you sit
Requests for Saturday's game must be received by 5pm on Friday and the supporters chosen to take part will be contacted later that evening.

This is what I think kev will do.
Dakkers played well on Tues, however Waldron coming back in wouldn't make me mad.
View attachment 31292
I would personally swap Morton for demi and have Miley play LCB

I would be cautious of Demi against their attack tbh, he's played alot of minutes recently aswell

But I wouldn't be angry if Demi started

1709291632788.png

Save me typing, nabbing this image lol, I'd go this, but Morton > Miley. Give Miley the rest this week.

Would look to get Coker some mins for Wes later on. Saturday I'd bring Miley in for Noor.

Waldron defo a consideration, but think would be harsh to leave Dackers out after a couple of good performances. Depends if Kev is worried about their aerial threats too I guess.

I would personally swap Morton for demi and have Miley play LCB

I would be cautious of Demi against their attack tbh, he's played alot of minutes recently aswell

But I wouldn't be angry if Demi started
The way I would look at it is, if we are nervous of their attack, why would we want to replace an experienced defender with a midfielder in the back 3? Even more so as Cav is left footed and putting him at RCB would bring back traumatic memories of Elvis and his one go at LB.....brrrwwww....still makes me shudder. Unless the suggestion is Cav at LCB, Ralph in the middle and move Crowther to RCB? Or Ralph at RCB (even if left footed). So three changes of position in effect.

I think Demi is nailed on to start at RCB.

Last edited:
The way I would look at it is, if we are nervous of their attack, why would we want to replace an experienced defender with a midfielder in the back 3? Even more so as Cav is left footed and putting him at RCB would bring back traumatic memories of Elvis and his one go at LB.....brrrwwww....still makes me shudder. Unless the suggestion is Cav at LCB, Ralph in the middle and move Crowther to RCB? Or Ralph at RCB (even if left footed). So three changes of position in effect.

I think Demi is nailed on to start at RCB.
I said LCB 😂

But I get your point about Demi

Can Latics lose two home games in consecutive Saturdays? Of course it is possible. Old Joe Garner has been a great signing, getting them home midweek away. Very difficult to call this one. But our confidence should be high. Safe travels to all who are going to the second highest ground in the country (Hawthorns is higher). Wrap up very well. I have been very cold at BP. COYB.

Hope all you shrimpers have a safe journey look out for your results all the time .hows it going does that clown Martin still have anything to do with the club ? As for today I’m expecting a tough game we are not so great at home if you press us high We tend to go long ball and of late at home we been 2nd best to the 2nd ball If we suddenly start to play like we have been away we should win. I think we will make play offs but not go up this year I expect us and yourselves to be the top 2 next season with possibly Rochdale if their take over goes through . Anyway enjoy your day be good to see a good away following for a change

Just read that Oldham manager Micky Mellon has achieved 5 promotions in around 15 years as a manager including twice from the National league to EFL. Quite impressive that.

Hope all you shrimpers have a safe journey look out for your results all the time .hows it going does that clown Martin still have anything to do with the club ? As for today I’m expecting a tough game we are not so great at home if you press us high We tend to go long ball and of late at home we been 2nd best to the 2nd ball If we suddenly start to play like we have been away we should win. I think we will make play offs but not go up this year I expect us and yourselves to be the top 2 next season with possibly Rochdale if their take over goes through . Anyway enjoy your day be good to see a good away following for a change
Hi buddy. The rat is still nominally the owner of our club, but once Due Diligence is done on some of his new building plans then we expect the deal to finally go through and he will be gone for ever!

It's always good to see clubs like yours starting to be on the up again and I wish you well in your play-off push. As for pressing you high this afternoon, well we shall see. If it comes down to both of us going for it next season, then it could be a battle royale, as, with a full pre season and none of the bollocks of this season, we will be contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back