• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well it looks like we have a few injuries, still we are safe now and it's a great chance for others to come in.

Considering our league position, points already on the board, missing players through injury, add to that our dire away performances this season, I will be happy with a draw from this one.

Oldham have one win and five draws in their last six games (and only two losses since the beginning of February). So I expect another tough away match.

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw (with Yearwood scoring for us).

A start for Kyprianou in an otherwise unchanged team. I think that's it. I can't see any other youngsters getting a run out although their was someone in the warmup Saturday that I didn't recognise, possibly Joe Bedford?

I've not checked the maths, but if we lost I think it would be the final nail in the MK Don's coffin?

Harry Kyp in for Anton, Cox in for MAF, the rest as started Saturday and playing a 4 4 2 please.
2 nil Blues, both goals to Theo.

Ferdinand, Turner and Coker all out and others injured- Kightly and McLaughlin maybe.

In his post match interview Chris Powell said that he kept Demi at right back on Saturday because he did not want to lose his attacking threat. Paul Clark reckoned that Harry and Elvis looked very fragile on the left flank together. So he ( and I) expects that Elvis will line up on the right and Demi on the left mixing youth and experience across the back 4.

I reckon Mantom will replace Kightly to try and keep it tighter and that Robinson might just keep his place this time.

The only other time Theo and Fortune had started together was against Reading U23 in the Checkatrade. Maybe we have missed a trick there.

We've only lost 1 of our last 10 league visits to Boundary Park - a bit like our record at Oxford. I have a feeling the result may be the same. Oldham have only lost 2 in 13 and need the points. A win for them and Rochdale tomorrow would certainly make a few more teams nervous at the bottom of League 1

My oldest memory of games at Oldham goes back to February 3 1973 when we finally won a Division 3 away game at the 32nd attempt thanks to a Gary Moore goal when Oldham were top of the League. The crowd was 11,124- probably a lot more than tomorrow night.

Assuming Mantom is fit and Anton isn't then I'm going for this starting eleven:

Oxley

Elvis White Harry Demi

McLaughlin Drew Mantom McGlashan

Coxy Robinson

I found it a bit tricky to leave Timms out of the starting eleven, but I know what he and Drew can do together so I now want to know how Mantom works next to Drew. I've included McGlash as it's time he had another start with out any pressure. I found it quite encouraging that after he came on against MK he actually remembered to take the ball along with him when he went on a run.

Assuming Mantom is fit and Anton isn't then I'm going for this starting eleven:

Oxley

Elvis White Harry Demi

McLaughlin Drew Mantom McGlashan

Coxy Robinson

I found it a bit tricky to leave Timms out of the starting eleven, but I know what he and Drew can do together so I now want to know how Mantom works next to Drew. I've included McGlash as it's time he had another start with out any pressure. I found it quite encouraging that after he came on against MK he actually remembered to take the ball along with him when he went on a run.

Mantom's played alongside Dru against Rotherham and Plymouth (and at Blackburn in a 3).

Mantom's played alongside Dru against Rotherham and Plymouth (and at Blackburn in a 3).

Very true YB, but for the Rotherham and Plymouth games Woody was also in the mid-field so this would be without Woody. I doubt that digs me out of your sharp observation but it helps (me) a bit.:smiles:

A few weeks ago I watched a battle royal as Bury hosted Oldham. A titanic struggle which saw Latics recover from a two goal deficit to draw two each. What has changed since the date of the postponed match is that Eoin Doyle is now back for Latics and he was very impressive when coming off the bench. And up front also was the very speedy Duckens Nazon, on loan from Wolves, who dug them out of a hole at Wombles on Saturday. Those two up front will be featuring heavily in the scouting report Chris will have been reading in the bath while soaking away the aches and pains of Sunday. And no doubt the Oldham report on us will have noted that we had a novice at full back on Saturday and a reshuffled central defence pairing.

At the heart of the Oldham defence is that old warhorse, Anthony Gerrard. Please Chris keep Theo up front to stretch Gerrard. Johnny Placide in goal is a mercurial figure, capable of some great saves but also a touch error prone.

I saw a resilient Latics team that March day and Blues will have to have the same resolve to get something tonight. Oldham are fighting for their lives, we have no pressure. A point would be a decent return.

Last edited:
In his post match interview Chris Powell said that he kept Demi at right back on Saturday because he did not want to lose his attacking threat. Paul Clark reckoned that Harry and Elvis looked very fragile on the left flank together. So he ( and I) expects that Elvis will line up on the right and Demi on the left mixing youth and experience across the back 4.

Said exactly this on Saturday, Demi to LB and Elvis on the right for me too. Could be an interesting pick with a lot of injuries and I'd expect Cox to come back in for Marco who, I doubt could do a 2nd match so soon after the amount of running he did Saturday.

For me, Glash is still best as a sub, Powell seems to like Woody on the wing (although the rest of us don't) so he might bring him in if either Kightly or McLaughlin aren't fit enough.

Here's where most of the team will be (mentally).

On-the-Beach.jpg

2-0 loss.

Update on Latics from my brother-in-law. Gerrard has calf problem and did not complete the game on Saturday. Doubtful for tonight. And the regular right back still suspended. So inexperienced back four for Latics he reckons. Weather fine at present but rain expected in a couple of hours and to last through the day and evening. He is feeling the tension! It is return to Boundary Park for Ox and Freddie where both were on loan in the past.

Totally agree

Can't believe sir Chris is going with 1 up front again!!! Why Chris? We score 4 goals when we play 442

Back