• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Oldham (Away) tickets

Having just looked at the journey planner to get to Oldham I noticed that Blackburn was only about 20 miles away, with the dreary old coal slag heaps between towns.This brought back bad memories of a previous visit there; evening game, shocking rainy weather, the covered huge terrace leaking like a sieve and worst of all..… that little shxt David Speedie popping in an undeserved goal in the dying seconds. I have a terrible long term memory, but this has stuck, along with a returning coach trip in silence with my Dad, and I actually heard him swear in front of me, yeah it was that bad! Gotta love being a Shrimper.

Last time I went to Oldham we were already relegated. It was an end of season affair and can't exactly remember the year but must have been around 98 or 99

Last time I went to Oldham we were already relegated. It was an end of season affair and can't exactly remember the year but must have been around 98 or 99
I was there that day. Think it finished 2-2 with Flahavan in goal for Oldham. Think grant scored a volley to make it 1-0

I've only been to Oldham once, a few seasons back when Chris Powell took over. I think we won 3-0.

A mate of mine is going, so am considering it....

It was end of 2009/10 season

It was end of 2009/10 season
In 2009/10 we were only relegated following the 2-2 draw at Oldham. I think @Tommy2holes may be referring to a 2-0 defeat at Boundary Park in April 1998 when we were six points from safety with two games remaining, but with a vastly inferior goal difference so effectively down already.

For @Shrimper Brownie, here’s the link to tickets via the Oldham website: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/oldham-athletic-away/?ftredirect=1

Reactions: tia
In 2009/10 we were only relegated following the 2-2 draw at Oldham. I think @Tommy2holes may be referring to a 2-0 defeat at Boundary Park in April 1998 when we were six points from safety with two games remaining, but with a vastly inferior goal difference so effectively down already.

For @Shrimper Brownie, here’s the link to tickets via the Oldham website: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/oldham-athletic-away/?ftredirect=1
Your right I remember we failed to beat York away week before which all but confirmed relegation.Just checked my games and I was at York that day.We drew one all

Last edited:

Definitely the earlier game. We had a relegation party with beach balls and fancy dress etc.

I remember Phil Gridelet was getting dog abuse after telling fans he had signed a new contract.

Which stand is away, I don’t know which one to buy, I don’t want to end up in the home end 🤪

Has anyone been able to buy these yet? The whole end is greyed out on their website

Has anyone been able to buy these yet? The whole end is greyed out on their website
Come out of the page you are on, to their main website. Then click on tickets, then to away tickets.

Somehow I had ended up on the home ticket selection screen as it sounds like you have done too.

UTB

Last time I was there I think Offside Mooney & Payne scored plus Fortuné was taking the **** out of Peter Clarke by showboating infront of him. Clarkey simply fouled him & took the yellow card. Happy days.

I have been to Oldham's Boundary Park just a couple of times in the distant past but not for well over 50+years with both matches being played in 1970. My first encounter being a mid week 3-0 defeat in March of that year in what was Arthur Rowley's first match in charge as manager. Some seven months later in what was then my 200th consecutive match we were again beaten this time 2-0. I cannot remember anything about either of those matches apart from whilst travelling to the first match midweek it was bloody freezing and when boarding the train in the early afternoon from Manchester to Oldham this particular train was travelling very very slowly and then came to an abrupt halt and as I was travelling at the front of the train I pulled the window down to see the driver getting out of his cab and removing a dead dog from the track. (It really is amazing some times what you can remember from back in the day)😟

My last visit there was around 13 years ago. I stayed overnight in the nearby Premier ( Travel ) Inn, only a few mins walk from the ground. Not the nicest of areas, went for a walk & saw someone mugged by a Nun!.

Back