• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Man in charge of tomorrow's replay when we look to end a run of four games without a win is Gary Sutton from Lincoln. He is in the third season of his second spell as a League referee having previously been demoted from the list and returning after a couple of seasons in the BlueSquare.

He has refereed Southend twice before in this spell, last season's somewhat fractious home match against Accrington (1-1) when he showed 6 yellows and 1 red, all but one of these cards to the visitors. The other game was easier for both him and us as we breezed past Bradford City 4-0, also last season.

He has refereed 19 matches this season producing a slightly above average 60 yellows and 5 reds. He gets most of the decisions reasonably correct, but seems a bit harder with his sanctions on away players than the home ones. I was not surprised to see all his red cards this season were shown to visiting players. He comes to this game straight after Saturday evening's televised Championship match.

His assistants will be Steve Bratt from the West Midlands, who co-incidentally was also chucked off the referee's list recently - deservedly so I believe, and Scott Oldham (!!) from Blackpool.

Fourth Official is Steve Martin from Stafford and the assessor for this match is ex-decent referee George Cain.

Early festive warning - Gavin Ward for Aldershot !!

He has refereed 19 matches this season producing a slightly above average 60 yellows and 5 reds. He gets most of the decisions reasonably correct, but seems a bit harder with his sanctions on away players than the home ones.

Maybe Sturrock should have read this. I know it's always great to look at things in hindsight but with this in mind Bilel shouldn't have started the game!

Maybe Sturrock should have read this. I know it's always great to look at things in hindsight but with this in mind Bilel shouldn't have started the game!

I saw this at the time and I got to wondering if PS ever selects his team with one eye on who the referee is going to be?

Man in charge of tomorrow's replay when we look to end a run of four games without a win is Gary Sutton from Lincoln. He is in the third season of his second spell as a League referee having previously been demoted from the list and returning after a couple of seasons in the BlueSquare.

He has refereed Southend twice before in this spell, last season's somewhat fractious home match against Accrington (1-1) when he showed 6 yellows and 1 red, all but one of these cards to the visitors. The other game was easier for both him and us as we breezed past Bradford City 4-0, also last season.

He has refereed 19 matches this season producing a slightly above average 60 yellows and 5 reds. He gets most of the decisions reasonably correct, but seems a bit harder with his sanctions on away players than the home ones. I was not surprised to see all his red cards this season were shown to visiting players. He comes to this game straight after Saturday evening's televised Championship match.

His assistants will be Steve Bratt from the West Midlands, who co-incidentally was also chucked off the referee's list recently - deservedly so I believe, and Scott Oldham (!!) from Blackpool.

Fourth Official is Steve Martin from Stafford and the assessor for this match is ex-decent referee George Cain.

Early festive warning - Gavin Ward for Aldershot !!

Ive been saying this he was victamised by the reff 60 yellows says enough for me in 19 games

I saw this at the time and I got to wondering if PS ever selects his team with one eye on who the referee is going to be?

I should hope not. However a bit of advice and guidance for some of the players might sometimes be helpful.

Back