• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
We have a very young squad , but we can just about split the old heads from the kids ... but assuming everyone is fit who would win ?

OLDUNS

...................................SMITH..............................
WHITE........PHILLIPS............BENNETT.......STRAKER
HURST........................LAIRD....................TIMLIN.
......EASTWOOD...........CORR..............REID...........

YOUNG UNS

.....................PAYNE.....WOODROW....................
............LEONARD.....CLIFFORD.....ATKINSON.......
COKER...PROSSER....KIERNAN...THOMPSON..AUGER
..............................BENTLEY..............................

Interesting thought and out of the teams you have chosen I would fancy the olduns to win but maybe only 1-0

What's your criteria for splitting them here, what age are you classing as "old"?!

Be careful DanburyShrimper.
When a woman asks you to define 'old' , you are on very stony ground............
Good luck:winking:

What's your criteria for splitting them here, what age are you classing as "old"?!

Isn't over 25s v under 25s?

I'm surprised that we can field an entire team over the age of 25 (and I think Straker would be the only one under 27) given the talk about what an inexperienced team we are. I know Bennett is out for the year and Laird's been missing for a while but the rest have been available bar the occasional suspension.

Edit: Will Atkinson has just turned 25 so should be eligible for the overs.

:smile: Thanks for the comments!

I'd fancy the "overs" to win by a narrow margin, experience over inexperience and all that. It'd be a good game though!

I reckon the old'uns would just edge it as well.

Maybe they should do this as an end of season charity game, with Brown/Penney (Old'uns) vs. Coughlan/Duncan (Young'uns) as the managers.

Back