• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a scale of 0 - 10 how boring is your job?

On a scale of 1-10:How much do you hate your job and feel your life is slipping away?

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Anyone who wakes up in the morning, bounces out of bed and thinks, "Yes! Work!" can go elsewhere.

My job is very interesting if you enjoy writing software.

If anything I am not pushed hard enough would rather be in a more high pressure environment.

I currently work in a Call Centre, with a call guide pretty much dictating what you say because of several legal requirements. It's about an 8, only that low because of the banter.

I am in the last week of my current role before I start my new job next week.

This week I can only describe as the most tedious of my life. Filling in reams of paperwork, our boss is being a misery and I am supposed to be passing my clients over to someone but I cant be arsed to give her the benefit of my three years of hard work....

Ten

I have always liked my job, but a gamble i took in changing department and taking on a different role 6 years ago backfired when the managing Director of the Division who had a "vision" for me upped sticks and defected to a rival after a couple of years. his replacement didn't share the same veiw and I have been gradually shunted sideways.
Having been on the opposite end of this some years ago, when an older boss of mine was moved off in order for me to take over and expand the position he was in, I am concious of the perception there was when he became a disruptive grumbling old man, but the feeling that the years of knowledge and ability is being overlooked because I am not part of the new managements clique gets very dispiriting.
It doesn't help being relatively well paid for what I am now doing (Although it is a consolation to me) and that I often feel that I am an expense which they can't really afford to get rid of due to my length of service.

The top dogs in the company, however , were exceptionally good to me during the domestic difficulties I experience 9 years ago and I have an immense amount of loyalty to them, unfortunately they have less clout these days. I still love the company, just a few of its senor managers leave a bit to be desired.
However if Flaming Moe is reading this thread, the company is brilliant and I am lucky to be here :)

I run the spares stores at MK Electric and it aint too shabby at all

Own office, phone, credit card and SZ .. i want a car and a secretary too but i seem to be failing at getting those at the minute

i love my job, hang out with uni totty, unrestricted internet access, wear shorts and flip flops, start and finish when i want, involved in national health policy, pretty prestigous work and get to do a bit of teaching too

definitely not boring, just hard work!

My college life is incredible dull.

My work is ok. I would say I am bored 60% of the time, so I'd give it 6/10 for bordom.

Serving fish and chips becomes very repetative!

I've just made a rather shock move by leaving one of the best Graphic Design packaging companies in London after 7 years to go try out a new place, and am 3 days in.

I pray this is a slow week...

This year I have been to Russia twice, China twice, Paris, and yet to to go to Istanbul, Detroit, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and hopefully Munich.

So, no, not boring...

Soon to part own my own business. That's the way working should be, hopefully it'll get off the ground, should do as long as we put the effort in.

I'd love to be able to own my own business as a proper form of income in the future, its definately a possibility but we'll see how it goes..

I voted a 2, as I love what I do, but you still have to motivate yourself do it over and over again.

Voted 2 but only because I hate voting at ends of hte spectrum. Money's pretty good, work requirements match my skills pretty well, love the product to the extent that I woudl use it if I didn't work here.

I think the biggest factor by far is that I have literally never clockwatched since being here.

I.T support for a major financial organization. Always something new to do and always loads of top totty to look at!!

Back