• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a scale of 0 - 10 how boring is your job?

On a scale of 1-10:How much do you hate your job and feel your life is slipping away?

• Total voters
Work in a cold room in a cash and carry 6 days a week (including saturdays). Tehe temperature doesn't get above 2 degrees and I have no special cold weather clothing. The mangement are total pants.
During the evening I work as a cleaning supervisor for a cleaning company at Keymed. I actually enjoy this job as I have to work out who is working where due to staff shortages. So apart from no saturday football and no midweek football (infact no football) working all the hours under the sun for bugger all I would rate my day job as a 1 and my evening job as a 7

Work in a cold room in a cash and carry 6 days a week (including saturdays). The temperature doesn't get above 2 degrees and I have no special cold weather clothing. The mangement are total pants.

That's probably against the law mate.

Branch Manager of a High Street bank. Was promoted this time last year to Group Manager covering South London but due to 're-structuring' that particular position didn't exist any more so was put at risk of redundancy. Luckily I survived that and although I had to take a step back to Branch Manager I kept my salary and benefits (including car allowance even though I no longer need a car for work).

So on the money side no complaints, and when all is said and done that is the reason 99.9% of us go to work. However having worked hard to get the promotion and the step up in responsibility to have that taken away in less than a year was hard - so with that in mind I am a bit ****ed off with work at the moment.

However I have handed in my notice before I emigrate and to be honest all the upheaval did lead to us making the decision to make the move to Oz now. So just serving out the remaining six weeks left before I leave and basically fulfilling my contractual obligations. Freed from the pressure to work long hours and unpaid overtime to make the right impression in order to advance my career - that in itself is quite liberating.

So put me down for a 5 overall - basically I don't give a **** at the moment.

Branch Manager of a High Street bank. Was promoted this time last year to Group Manager covering South London but due to 're-structuring' that particular position didn't exist any more so was put at risk of redundancy. Luckily I survived that and although I had to take a step back to Branch Manager I kept my salary and benefits (including car allowance even though I no longer need a car for work).

So on the money side no complaints, and when all is said and done that is the reason 99.9% of us go to work. However having worked hard to get the promotion and the step up in responsibility to have that taken away in less than a year was hard - so with that in mind I am a bit ****ed off with work at the moment.

However I have handed in my notice before I emigrate and to be honest all the upheaval did lead to us making the decision to make the move to Oz now. So just serving out the remaining six weeks left before I leave and basically fulfilling my contractual obligations. Freed from the pressure to work long hours and unpaid overtime to make the right impression in order to advance my career - that in itself is quite liberating.

So put me down for a 5 overall - basically I don't give a **** at the moment.

Andy can you get us a job at your place before you leave?

Andy can you get us a job at your place before you leave?

Jason - I worked with you remember? Do you honestly think that remembering your antics behind the fish counter at Asda I'd employ you....? ;)

In all seriousness I've handed over responsibility for any recruitment that needs to be done before I leave to my manager now. Seeing as by the time the references come through and they start I'd have practically left it only seems fair that he has the final say. No concrete vacancies now, but contact me by PM and I'll see what I can do - could certainly put in a good word to try and get you an interview if and when something comes up.

Last edited:
Sport on the tv all day and some truly great mates - including the best man at my wedding - means life at my work is pretty good. I've got a great team working for me too, some of whom are rather nice to look at.

Of course, Jonny Stokes works in my department as well, but you can't have it all can you?

Sport on the tv all day and some truly great mates - including the best man at my wedding - means life at my work is pretty good. I've got a great team working for me too, some of whom are rather nice to look at.

Of course, Jonny Stokes works in my department as well, but you can't have it all can you?

If the O's dick us at home again this season can you sack him for a laugh?

Yep accountancy is ridiculously dull.

Looking at a career change but not sure what to go for, ideally still wanna take the Class C+E driving exam to drive lorries.

Also quite fancy being a train driver, just cant seem to find much information on how to get a job like that.

Yep accountancy is ridiculously dull.

Looking at a career change but not sure what to go for, ideally still wanna take the Class C+E driving exam to drive lorries.

Also quite fancy being a train driver, just cant seem to find much information on how to get a job like that.

Lorry driving at class 1 pays stupidly good money at the moment. Guess what I'm aiming for at the mo.

Chillis is ok, if I get bored I eat, drink or scout for totty. Also got a Chilis football tournament against the other branches which im looking forward to.
6th form on the other hand is brilliant, great mates to hang around with most of the day, shops opposite the building. Of course playing **** during lunch times is great fun.

One of my best mates is a train driver. 'Money for old rope' is the phrase he uses, although some of the shifts are a bit cruddy.

I have voted at 9. Only the banter keeps it above 10.

I start work at 8.30am. Turn on the pc and logon to the system and email. I recieve about 80-100 insurance schedules via email. I then print all these off. Once printed I load all the deatils on to a spreadsheet. Once loaded I then print off the spreadsheet, sperated by name of client. Then I attach them to the schedules. I then take this schedules adn load them on to the syetem. Once loaded I print them off as new schedule renewals. I then put them into envelopes and send them out. Then the orginal chedule attach to the spreadsheet I file. Then it starts again. Been doing it for 3 months now.

If I wasnt in Sydney and working to earn more money to carry on the travels I would shot myself a long time ago.

If I was asked this question 3 weeks ago I probably would have said 3 or 4. I loved my old job, but unfortunately I was making very little money there. I started a new job last week where I make more, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much, but it could be worse, so I've gone for 7.

Unfortunately I am a 0. I don't get the trravel that I used to but believe me after a while long haul and even short trips across Europe become very tiring though I do miss HK.

I dictate my hours, have an unlimited Amex and have the pick of Corporate Entertainment both as host and guest. Unfortunately no golf at the moment due to shoulder but I'll make up for that when it recovers.

only frustrations are dealing with idiots and Americans who'd rather host buzzword bingo than actually sit down and deal with an issue.

Back