• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a scale of 0 - 10 how boring is your job?

On a scale of 1-10:How much do you hate your job and feel your life is slipping away?

• Total voters
I really enjoy my job, but I wouldn't go so far as saying I love it. No two days are ever the same, kids are always unpredictable, some days you can have a really good laugh with them, others they're being little whatsits and you spend the whole time telling them off. It's way, way better than the previous job anyway.

Soon to part own my own business. That's the way working should be, hopefully it'll get off the ground, should do as long as we put the effort in.

I'd love to be able to own my own business as a proper form of income in the future, its definately a possibility but we'll see how it goes..

I voted a 2, as I love what I do, but you still have to motivate yourself do it over and over again.

What's your company your looking to set up?

I have always liked my job, but a gamble i took in changing department and taking on a different role 6 years ago backfired when the managing Director of the Division who had a "vision" for me upped sticks and defected to a rival after a couple of years. his replacement didn't share the same veiw and I have been gradually shunted sideways.
Having been on the opposite end of this some years ago, when an older boss of mine was moved off in order for me to take over and expand the position he was in, I am concious of the perception there was when he became a disruptive grumbling old man, but the feeling that the years of knowledge and ability is being overlooked because I am not part of the new managements clique gets very dispiriting.
It doesn't help being relatively well paid for what I am now doing (Although it is a consolation to me) and that I often feel that I am an expense which they can't really afford to get rid of due to my length of service.

The top dogs in the company, however , were exceptionally good to me during the domestic difficulties I experience 9 years ago and I have an immense amount of loyalty to them, unfortunately they have less clout these days. I still love the company, just a few of its senor managers leave a bit to be desired.
However if Flaming Moe is reading this thread, the company is brilliant and I am lucky to be here :)

Not been here as long as Gary, but would agree with his points.

The top dogs are very good to the staff, and loyalty is rewarded well and we all get looked after relatively well, however, as in the majority of organisations there are always the odd few senior individuals who look down at people and demand respect rather than work to earn it.

Not been here as long as Gary, but would agree with his points.

The top dogs are very good to the staff, and loyalty is rewarded well and we all get looked after relatively well, however, as in the majority of organisations there are always the odd few senior individuals who look down at people and demand respect rather than work to earn it.

Crawler !!!

My job is awful, the manageress is awful :(
I am on holiday at the end of the week so thats good, otherwise awful

love my job really - run my own affiliate marketing business from home, runs itself , earns plenty - piece of p*ss

What's your company your looking to set up?
Xenonsoft Studios Ltd, just going through the finances making sure we wont lose big, and then paying out for the things that must be bought.

Basically, we create websites from scratch, design them and program them. We also offer logo design, and any other design we'll consider whether we can offer a good service. Also looking into expanding into a software developing company too, but that's not for now.

Gone with a 5. Only two months into this role so it's difficult to decide. I like the role to a certain extent. Busy periods and quiet periods. Plenty of uni totty as Pubey (i think) put it. Just not sure if I want to carry on working in finance for the rest of my life!

I'm thinking of starting my own business as well.

I write financial software and am looking to move to one of the banks for a year or two before setting up on my own.

I hate my job & 80% of my work colleagues with a passion! So much so that if I was an American student, I would have gone on YouTube, had a mad rant & then shot all of them with my collection of pistols, shotguns & AK47's!!

I'm Manager of UK Telephony Debt Recovery for a certain High St Bank.
I work with lots of Philipino & Indian people, all of which are very polite but none of which I can fluckin well understand..

The job & money is OK but my Senior manager is a drunken slut who is as much use as Abi Titmuss' knicker elastic.

6/10 from me.

Back