• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lets not forget without the bouncing Czech Bobby Maxwell, we would have been in deeper mire many moons ago with the Christmas club monies

Times donot change only the people who run it

Ps Capt Bob you still owe me my Mirror pension money can wait another ten years then after that I may not be so generous

UTS

Good thank you Mark..the swords cross once more ;) Funny enough I never hated Vic.. he was a gent at times, as crooked as F*** but we all knew that and he didn't hide it...With RM I just think he is cu** of the highest order and tries to portray an honesty to fans that does not exist.He has taken more from this club more than anybody and always states it is the best for the club in the long run....******** with SUFC RM would of been skint years ago..he is a player who uses Ponzi schemes to keep himself going on the back of RH once owed by the true people....The Fans.
This sort of statement Cricko could be deemed slanderous or libelous. Care to retract it?

Good thank you Mark..the swords cross once more ;) Funny enough I never hated Vic.. he was a gent at times, as crooked as F*** but we all knew that and he didn't hide it...With RM I just think he is cu** of the highest order and tries to portray an honesty to fans that does not exist.He has taken more from this club more than anybody and always states it is the best for the club in the long run....******** with SUFC RM would of been skint years ago..he is a player who uses Ponzi schemes to keep himself going on the back of RH once owed by the true people....The Fans.

The fans should never have handed the ground over to the club, but it was Vic who cost us the ground in the end.

Lets not forget without the bouncing Czech Bobby Maxwell, we would have been in deeper mire many moons ago with the Christmas club monies

Times donot change only the people who run it

Ps Capt Bob you still owe me my Mirror pension money can wait another ten years then after that I may not be so generous

UTS

And iirc Ken Bates

Speaking of Capt Bob. Remember the proposed Oxford / Reading - Thames Valley Royals merger ?

This sort of statement Cricko could be deemed slanderous or libelous. Care to retract it?

Probably more likely slander than libel, but there again his character is, I would have thought, way beyond defamation.

One of the fundamental problems here is that RM has got involved with Southend to make money , he aint a fan or a rich benefactor .As we know football is not a game where in the majority of cases ,as an owner , you can make money .
He cannot extract himself from the club or the situation he is in because he is in too deep .
The world ,economically ,changed a few years into his plan and his plan now does not seem to stack up on any level , either for him or the club.
I hope i am wrong but a good result seems a long way off as things stand .

Tokyo. The world economically seems to be recovering now. If there was any hope for the new stadium with a skint property developer owner, I think it needed that

I bumped into Ron Martin last night as I was walking into the stadium last night. As I passed him I tapped him on the shoulder and I said to him "Looking forward to Spring Ron" to which he seemed puzzled. As I continued my walk across the car park, my comment seemed to click with Ron and he smiled and chuckled "Which year".Now I am sure the cynics amongst us may think that he was taking the p**s however for me I am hoping that a cheeky comment like that would signify confidence and maybe some truth in the recent statement of intent.

Fingers crossed it's this year Ron, god knows it has to be!!!!

Well Ron was right he never stated which year!

Ron will blame leaving the EU and will say it can't be built for a further ten years.

It's realistic at least.

Back