• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Online Club Shop

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Oct. 19 2005,19:21)]There's something wrong with the site i work in IT and have both a PC and Mac, PC nothing the mac only works with a web browser called OPERA. Rubbish
its working on every pc i've been on to day

Do any of these have a firewall?

Because i tried it at home and have the same problem, i get an error message on the status bar and the page doesnt load properly.

Every computer ive tried it on it doesnt work

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 19 2005,18:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]some products will be shop only, as we might get in items that have limited stock, and more then likely to sell out in the shop before it reaches online.
All that does is put Exile users at a disadvantage!
well, as the website is not made at southend, we have to send the products off to be put online. Some items we may only do as a one-off, and once out of stock no more, so there's no point putting them online, as they will sell out very quickly instore (like the total 90 gear) , most shops only put main stock online anyway, more stock will be put online soon, so it will be quite full, and exiles shrimpers can always call the club shop to see if theres anything new in
wink.gif
- some clubs don't even have an online shop, so stop being picky, otherwsie we'll need to rename the site
"Complain about the Shrimpers Zone"

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 19 2005,19:27)]Do any of these have a firewall?

Because i tried it at home and have the same problem, i get an error message on the status bar and the page doesnt load properly.

e-mail the shop, so it will be answered for you tomorrow, the club didn't make the website, so we'll have to ring up the person whose designed it for us to check.

I can't see anything except the playoff pic in the middle and a link at the top right.

I'm using IE at 'work' and I pray to God I have a firewall running here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 19 2005,19:28)]some clubs don't even have an online shop, so stop being picky, otherwsie we'll need to rename the site

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Works perfect here on Firefox.

Some might not notice that the link to products is a small link to the very far right of the site, next to a link that says home.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 19 2005,19:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]some products will be shop only, as we might get in items that have limited stock, and more then likely to sell out in the shop before it reaches online.
well, as the website is not made at southend, we have to send the products off to be put online. Some items we may only do as a one-off, and once out of stock no more, so there's no point putting them online, as they will sell out very quickly instore (like the total 90 gear) , most shops only put main stock online anyway, more stock will be put online soon, so it will be quite full, and exiles shrimpers can always call the club shop to see if theres anything new in
wink.gif
- some clubs don't even have an online shop, so stop being picky, otherwsie we'll need to rename the site

tounge.gif
That was the mistake I feel in the first place was the club selling out to a franchise easy way out if you ask me!

but hey the challenge is thrown down to prove me wrong!

yawn boring, critisim again, and we'll prove you wrong, yawn.
not that i'm supprised.
tounge.gif
sorry hadda do that -

spoke to someone about the site for you try this link

Other shop link

the shops already proved half the critics wrong - on a normal day, takens are up 20 times over the orignal amount. And on match days the queue should be short now, as two tills are now installed, and the printer driver updated so the recipts print much quicker. the shop took a little while to find its feet, so let the online shop find its feet two, ad hopefully the service improves over time for you, of course someone will critises it, if not, there would be no need for this fourm
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 19 2005,19:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
well, as the website is not made at southend, we have to send the products off to be put online. Some items we may only do as a one-off, and once out of stock no more, so there's no point putting them online, as they will sell out very quickly instore (like the total 90 gear) , most shops only put main stock online anyway,   more stock will be put online soon, so it will be quite full, and exiles shrimpers can always call the club shop to see if theres anything new in  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
Steve IMO a bit lame really, in a day and age when you can Courier an item somewhere in a few hours and technology advancements allowing you to upload an item to a website within minutes. Surely this argument is flawed. The shop would never have such limited stock whereby is sells out in a day or 2. Otherwise your buyer needs a course in buying. I like the look and feel of the new site and im sure over time it will evolve into something useful.

If you do persist with having "SHOP ONLY" products then surely someway of informing people that may not visit the shop (Exiles) would be a good idea?

Why is there no sizes on the Baby Bodysuits? I may have a 6 month old baby or a 3 month old,etc. (if the missus is reading I know we have a 12 month old! I wasnt referring to the "others"
wink.gif
) - one size doesnt fit all !!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 19 2005,19:27)]Do any of these have a firewall?

Try via the hyperlink via the official SUFC site instead, I had probs with the link on this thread so went via the official site

For those interested in the baby gear:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Thanks for pointing this out. I will get it rectified. The baby wear comes in sizes 0-3 mths, 3-6mths, 6-12mths and 12-18 mths.

Prompt response from the club

thank goodness. Two defeats and the club shop on-line.......now the fans can get down to some serious whingeing. Just like the good old days
tounge.gif

Tilson OUT!!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 20 2005,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 20 2005,12:36)]Anybody see a ****-up starting here?
You can but live in hope.....
I do try but things have a habbit of going wrong every week at the club so much so I think there is a Col U mole working undercover at the club
ghostface.gif

Back