• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only X Block Left

Same here. No hassles with a Seaso. Would this fiasco/lack of tickets persuade more people to become STHs?

Damn spending that 300 quid on Russian Strippers and large quantities of babycham!

i cant wait to the electronic barriers stop working saturday. It is going to be chaos, haha.. cant wait

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 09 2005,17:34)]i cant wait to the electronic barriers stop working saturday. It is going to be chaos, haha.. cant wait
Such lack of faith in the club's new system....

I'm sure they'll have learnt from the Forest debacle...
rock.gif

I'm gona have to get there early i reckon. the ques were mad for Forest!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 09 2005,17:34)]i cant wait to the electronic barriers stop working saturday. It is going to be chaos, haha.. cant wait
why? wouldnt you rather get in without a fuss?

why do you always wish bad on everything?

in the circumstances  ie   top playing second ,  the general feel good factor around the Club  and the fact that there are no Premsh1te or Championship games then surely we should be surprised even dissappointed if we CANT attract at least 10,000 home fans ....??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Nov. 09 2005,22:53)]
[b said:
why? wouldnt you rather get in without a fuss?

why do you always wish bad on everything?
Truth is J aint got a ticket and will use the chaos as a way of getting in tut tut
glare.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Nov. 09 2005,23:00)]in the circumstances  ie   top playing second ,  the general feel good factor around the Club  and the fact that there are no Premsh1te or Championship games then surely we should be surprised even dissappointed if we CANT attract at least 10,000 home fans ....??

I reckon if we had the Capacity we would have  sold 15,000 plus for this one....

One Team In essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Good times! When was the last time we had two 10,000+ crowds in the first half of the season?
biggrin.gif

I'd be interested to know how our crowd breaks down now. What's our core support, how many are returning fans who stopped going during the bad times and how many are new fans that have been hooked in the last 18 months.

Strikes me that the club are definitely making inroads in converting the local kids & youth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 10 2005,09:20)]Good times! When was the last time we had two 10,000+ crowds in the first half of the season?
biggrin.gif
Agreed, especially when you think that pre season you would've expected the Col Ewe game to possibly have been our biggest crowd of the seaon

The way the club is perceived in the town is much better than it was, there are posters in a lot of shop windows and people seem positive about the football club, when I was younger everyone used to laugh at you when you said you were Southend.

Now, people who have never been are going around referring to SUFC as "we"! There are also noticeably more people around town wearing SUFC gear, especially youngsters.

There is still an awful lot of work to be done though, the attitude of the town is still Premier$hite-centric and quite a few of these nouveau fans also support Premier$hite clubs. Was in the Last Post last night and they wouldn't show the Sheff Wed V Cardiff game because "it wasn't Premier$hite".

Theres posters in most train stations as well around the southend area telling people who we next have at Roots Hall. Its good to see such a buzz about Southend United that has been generated since we thumped Newcastle 4-0 all those years back!

I noticed that at Rayleigh. Quality publicity.Am chuffed to bits!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 10 2005,14:00)]I noticed that at Rayleigh. Quality publicity.Am chuffed to bits!
Yeah thats my station. Good to see!

Oi! Who keeps deleting my posts - they all intellectual! maybe people wanted to know where I lived.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back