• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only your 3rd defeat at home since we last beat you

KingKev1

:O didn't realise it was that good of result

We was sh*t basically until you scored then we started attacking and had a couple of half decent chances before we finally scored. First time for a long time we've scored from a corner, and nice finish from Hughesy to wrap it up.

Cracking move for your first goal, Maher had a shocker hope he doesn't continue like that or you can have him back :whistling:

Yeah you must be delighted mate. No disrespect but I thought it was a bit of a smash n grab by you guys today. You've only created a handful of chances and scored twice and for that we are right to question whats going on in our defence.

You're right about Maher, maybe the occasion got to him but I'm glad he was cheered and no idiots decided to boo like they have other successful returning players. Where we were in the West Stand he got more songs about him than he ever did when playing for us.

Overall I've got to say I was disappointed with Oldham as I expected a lot more considering your early season form. You're always gonna get results with Byfield and Hughes up front. Theyre lethal at this level. Its ironic that in my opinion that is what we were missing today that would have killed the game off for us.

Yeah we were very poor again i thought similar to last saturday at Northampton, only difference if they didn't create a single chance and we got the penalty, nice to finally score from a corner, Maher ain't really had a chance in the side, come on in spells (5/10 mins) as a sub and not done much, but at Northampton last week had a great game, but reverted back to that poor sub today, Allott had an absolute shocker beside him. Thought it was a soft goal to give away by us although very well worked and taken, thought you was going to grab a point at the end, but nice to hang on and get a big win for us :)

To be fair to you, your team had a game plan for a point and had enough nouse to take the win when the opportunities were presented to you. Different story if we hadn't put them on a plate for you though.

Footballing wise Oldham were second best all game, but that doesn't win games, goals do and you lot got them. Infuriating defeat for me as set pieces have been our achillies heel for at LEAST eitheen months, and it just goes to prover it doesn't matter who's in goal, if the defending doesn't tighten up, then we will concede goals.

I don't see any of the two teams making the play offs on yesterday's form, but I've been wrong before and will be again.

Yeah we were very poor again i thought similar to last saturday at Northampton, only difference if they didn't create a single chance and we got the penalty, nice to finally score from a corner, Maher ain't really had a chance in the side, come on in spells (5/10 mins) as a sub and not done much, but at Northampton last week had a great game, but reverted back to that poor sub today, Allott had an absolute shocker beside him. Thought it was a soft goal to give away by us although very well worked and taken, thought you was going to grab a point at the end, but nice to hang on and get a big win for us :)

Can't see Maher doing well for you. The midefield was totally bypassed by the hoofs. Maher likes it on the floor

To be fair to you, your team had a game plan for a point and had enough nouse to take the win when the opportunities were presented to you. Different story if we hadn't put them on a plate for you though.

Footballing wise Oldham were second best all game, but that doesn't win games, goals do and you lot got them. Infuriating defeat for me as set pieces have been our achillies heel for at LEAST eitheen months, and it just goes to prover it doesn't matter who's in goal, if the defending doesn't tighten up, then we will concede goals.

I don't see any of the two teams making the play offs on yesterday's form, but I've been wrong before and will be again.

Spot on row101 , even the year we went up it was a problem and it was never exposed more glaringly than at C. Palace away at the beginning of the championship season. Some blamed our short keeper that night - ironically he now plays for them - so they must have thought it was our defence too I guess.

I'd be interested to see whether we actually conceed from more set pieces than other sides do. We went through a dozen games at the start of the season without letting any in and yesterday's two make five or six for the season now, but I suspect that that is the same for most Clubs.

Back