• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Opinions on Heath

my first game of the season yesterday due to a long holiday and first time i have seen heath. i don't know how he performed against huddersfield or cheltenham although i know he did play a part in setting up barnard for his header BUT from what i saw yesterday there is no surprise that col u have loaned him out. i thought he was shocking. caught out on a number of occassions and very sloppy for the goal. mildy also at fault but there talking wasn't there.

when he got the ball to feet all he did was boot it out of play or into their half, not interested in passing it around.

this is not a thread slating him but really question off he is always this terrible? on that performance i would get the new sunderland guy (can't spell his name) in straight away. luckily we have the benefit of having a 6 foot 4 premiership centre back on the bench (i know he is yet to make a appearance).

thoughts..........

I wasn't particularly impressed with Heath against Huddersfield. He's very gangly which made him look awkward when he had the ball at his feet and didn't actually win that many balls in the air. Personally I would like to see the partnership of Barrett and M'voto given a chance - and this without ever having seen the Frenchman play!!!

Didn't put a foot wrong against Huddersfield and I thought he looked vastly superior to Barrett in the fact that he made a lot of what he did easy, where as Barrett makes things look hard and rushed. By all accounts was very solid against Cheltenham.

Didn't put a foot wrong against Huddersfield and I thought he looked vastly superior to Barrett in the fact that he made a lot of what he did easy, where as Barrett makes things look hard and rushed. By all accounts was very solid against Cheltenham.

He's a solid defender at this level and although his distribution is hardly the strongest point of his game, he wins headers & makes tackles. At fault for their first goal yesterday, but I think he's done okay to be honest.

He's a solid defender at this level and although his distribution is hardly the strongest point of his game, he wins headers & makes tackles. At fault for their first goal yesterday, but I think he's done okay to be honest.

Yeah I don't quite understand why he didn't put his foot through that yesterday. You can guarantee that Clarke would've found row z. :unsure:

He was very good against Huddersfield and totally kept Theo Robinson out of the game.

If you look at the goals (excluding the penalty) in the first 2 league games they were both caused by our centre backs losing headers to the opposition strikers (on some occasions more than one header/ chance to clear). This has cost us 4 points. Normally we leak these goals by poor marking, but this time around we have lost the challenges which to me shows an ability problem over a concentration problem. Heath hasn't been without blame here, but I think that Barrett has been much more guilty. Hopefully in AB's case, his injury is making it more difficult to jump high - in which case it should be him to make way for Mvoto til he's fully fit.

Didnt think he was that impressive against Huddersfield but then again...

1. He only joined the team late.
2. He was partnering a clearly not 100% AB.
3. I have only seen him in one game.

So prepared to give him more of a go than 3 games of which I have only seen one (oh the shame). If AB is not 100% then maybe its he who should make way for M'Voto and not Heath.

I only saw him last weekend and I thought he looked pretty solid. I don't think he is being helped by having a half fit centre half next to him. The goal yesterday was just the sort of goal you let in when the defence and goalkeeper haven't gelled properly.

I talked about Heath (and White) in a post on the Walsall match day thread. Tilly is surely going to have to make some kind of a decision soon. Do we send him (them) back up the A12? Do we extend the loan period by....a month?.....three months?...... six months? ..... a year? Do we try and sign him (them) permanently?........Can we sign anyone permanently at the moment?
I know it's VERY early days yet but four goals conceded in two matches is a little worrying, especially when you think that in the last 19 games of 2008/9 we only conceded 17 goals. I think the most difficult problem for Tilly to sort out is that of central defense and left back. Let's not forget that Mvoto, even if he ends up to be the answer to our problems, is only guaranteed to be with us for six months...........
hardly the settled situation we had hoped for as regards our defense. Ironically, if he turns out to be another Dervite, perhaps Sunderland would then be more likely to want to loan him out to a Championship side next?

Only seen Heath play for us once so far this seaosn, so would be unfair to judge him as that was the first time he has played in our back line. From what I saw, he was OK - The communication between him and Barrett didn't seem that great, but then it was the first time they have partnered each other.

The simple truth, however, is we have conceded 4 league goals in 2 games, and from winning positions, and that is not great whichever way you slice it. Had we of been solid, then we would be sitting pretty with 6 points out of 6 now, but as predicted, our complete failure to sort our defensive conundrum out in the summer led to 2 hurried loan deals, and nowhere near enough time for our back line to be bedded in. You reap what you sow I guess.

The bigger problem as I see it, and I am not on a witch hunt here, is Adam Barrett. He is a true legend at this club, and should always be treated as such, but IMO, he is one of Tilly's biggest weak spots. His form the last couple of season has been pretty attrocious, and that was highlighted when he moved out of the centre last season and we stopped conceding goals. He is Captain material in terms of his personality, his temprment, and his commitment to this club, but in terms of genuine ability, I think he comes up short, and until we remedy that, we will always suffer from a soft centre in our defence.

The fact that without barrett in the middle we looked much more solid was no coincendence last season , he's lost what pace he;s had and loses to many headers for me , I'd prefer Heath and Mvoto paired up with AB at left back , he is decent on the ball Barrett and is a good tackler and feel them parts of his game suit him as a Left back .

The fact that without barrett in the middle we looked much more solid was no coincendence last season , he's lost what pace he;s had and loses to many headers for me , I'd prefer Heath and Mvoto paired up with AB at left back , he is decent on the ball Barrett and is a good tackler and feel them parts of his game suit him as a Left back .

Yet some have said Barrett had a good game at Walsall and considering the midfield were pretty dire i would hazard a guess he was kept busy.

No, we looked more solid last season because we had a bloke called Dorian come in and play his socks off and still we had Barrett putting it in at full-back making a fearsome back four.

Yet some have said Barrett had a good game at Walsall and considering the midfield were pretty dire i would hazard a guess he was kept busy.

No, we looked more solid last season because we had a bloke called Dorian come in and play his socks off and still we had Barrett putting it in at full-back making a fearsome back four.

So what we do then is bring in another french starlet to partner Heath and move Barrett to left back and then we pretty much have the same back four as the end of last season with a bit more height in it .

As many on here never rated Clarke then in theory it should be as good if not better.

So what we do then is bring in another french starlet to partner Heath and move Barrett to left back and then we pretty much have the same back four as the end of last season with a bit more height in it .

As many on here never rated Clarke then in theory it should be as good if not better.

Fine with me.

Athough Barrett had a stormer in those months spent with Sodge before the big man got hacked down by Hayter at Bornmuff.

Back