• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Orient last night

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Only 2,600 odd there for the game which I must say is shocking! Orient use to pull similar crowds to us back in the late 90s early 00s when we were both in the bottom division, but I can't understand with promotion and newly built areas of the ground yet attendances are very low!

Jonny Stokes have you an answer for this?

Shocking!

But you also missed the fact that they are only 2 points behind us now, the bottom half is really tight!

That is poor. No excuses.
Not the most glamourous of games.
Maybe they all started supporting West Ham yesterday after the takeover.

Aren't most Orient fans completely disllusioned with where Hearn has taken/is taking the club and refuse to watch them while Hearn is at the helm? Williams isn't renown for playing the most attractive football, either...

I didn't actually think that was the reason. Just banter at them not being loyal supporters.

Only 2,600 odd there for the game which I must say is shocking! Orient use to pull similar crowds to us back in the late 90s early 00s when we were both in the bottom division, but I can't understand with promotion and newly built areas of the ground yet attendances are very low!

Jonny Stokes have you an answer for this?

I think the answer might involve Hearn and lots of expletives.

Whats Hearn done to them then?

Don't really know to be honest. All I know is that if you mention his name to Orient fans, you often get a stream of expletives. He seems to be held in the sort of contempt that the more extreme on here hold Martin in.

Whats Hearn done to them then?

Turned the stadium into a fortress of flats, with all of the revenue going to Barry Hearn incorporated and not the club.

Refuses to spend any money whatsoever on the club.

Running them into the ground for the sake of making a quick earner, while exploiting any press attention that they get purely for his businesses.

There's more, for instance there's something about Orient's lease on the ground expiring at some point in the not so distant future and, after that, it's Hearn's to do what he pleases with... but whenever I talk to my Orient supporting mate about it, I get a little scared for my own safety. I think Hearn's plan was to redevelop Brisbane Road whilst having them rent out the Olympic Stadium. Maximum profit for Hearn, Maximum damage to Orient.

Turned the stadium into a fortress of flats, with all of the revenue going to Barry Hearn incorporated and not the club.

Refuses to spend any money whatsoever on the club.

Running them into the ground for the sake of making a quick earner, while exploiting any press attention that they get purely for his businesses.

There's more, for instance there's something about Orient's lease on the ground expiring at some point in the not so distant future and, after that, it's Hearn's to do what he pleases with... but whenever I talk to my Orient supporting mate about it, I get a little scared for my own safety. I think Hearn's plan was to redevelop Brisbane Road whilst having them rent out the Olympic Stadium. Maximum profit for Hearn, Maximum damage to Orient.

^What he said^

This season is the first time in nearly 10 years that the number of STHs has fallen below 3,000; the lack of investment is ruining the on-field product (well, you all saw how f***ing awful we are), and the corresponding lack of ambition makes following Orient a pointless exercise. We've hit our glass ceiling under H£arn, and no-one can be arsed with it at the moment.

All of which leads us on to ESB's last paragraph, which is about how H£arn
has purchased the ground to clear the club's debts (to him). The club is being run off the capital from the ground sale (and is fast running out), with no further investment likely to arrive. He intends to start charging £180,000 p/a rent on top of the club's c. £650,000 p/a loss which he refuses to cover in future.

We're being raped and pillaged, and we play crap football. That and it was taters... still, fans are fickle; couple more wins and we'll be back at 5,000 crowds.

Back