• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Orient: Stop the nonsense and get behind the team!

Marriss

Left back in the changing room
The last week has again seen many concerning issues arise within the club. Understandably various supporters have voiced opinions on these matters. There are very few supporters that aren't concerned with one matter or another.
But, as RM said on the OS, we must be united. Tonight we must put aside our thoughts on GK, our disapproval at AR going out on loan, the state of the clubs finances, the size of the squad, the position of the new stadium - and the list goes on!
We are still SUFC. We are playing Orient tonight - Firday night football at The Hall - now is the time to back our boys to get that first win under our belts! So what if we have 16 players to chose from. I for one have the utmost confidence in ST and PB and their ability to do what is right for this club on the pitch. The displays have been there to see. We just need to convert that to points! Supporter unrest is never going to help the team - it is more likely to hinder!
So lets all get together and sing our hearts out for the lads tonight and not turn the recent activity into negativity on the pitch! UTB

I agree completely of course, every true Southend fan will do. However I do sense a growing sentiment among many on here that protest has no part during the game whatsoever. Now fair enough the general consensus seems to be that protest isn't right for tonights game, there's no broad agreement about what exactly we'd be protesting about and the need for our first 3 points of the season is too great.

However protest has been warranted in the past and may be again in the future. If it wasn't for organised protests a number of years ago you may all be heading to Basildon for tonights game......

I agree completely of course, every true Southend fan will do. However I do sense a growing sentiment among many on here that protest has no part during the game whatsoever. Now fair enough the general consensus seems to be that protest isn't right for tonights game, there's no broad agreement about what exactly we'd be protesting about and the need for our first 3 points of the season is too great.

However protest has been warranted in the past and may be again in the future. If it wasn't for organised protests a number of years ago you may all be heading to Basildon for tonights game......

now there was something to protest about, uncle vic proposing to move the club to basildon

Back