• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Orient

SS5

Youth Team
Any1 else getting slightly jealous of them? Scowcroft has signed for them, along with the other summer signings of jimmy smith, scott mcleish, ben chorley and adrian patulea, hate to say it but they could shape up into handy league1 outfit. We will still go and beat them, home and away hopefully

They've strengthened and will probably be in and the same sort of positions we will be (10th-16th). Other than Chorley I can't say that I'd have wanted us to go for any of their signings though. And Chorley is by default purely because he's a defender.

Agree with Beefy, we've been in for McGleish before and he's 5 years older now, equally Scowcroft is no youngster and I think that Sawyer albeit a loanee is a better player than Smith. Although to be fair to Williams they are all decent signings.

I might be jealous of Scowcroft and to a lesser degree McGleish if Jonny Tightpants and Co have built a time machine or have discovered a way to roll back the years. as it is both strike me as has beens. Lets be honest Orient is a ***** move for any player so they obviously couldnt get a lot better.

Chorley as mentioned by the fact he is a defender and we have none means I would have taken him but to be honest I would welcome back Pat Scully as a player right now such is our cause.

Having to be in the toilet that is Leyton once a year is bad enough but being based there means I will never be jealous of them.

You can slag them off all you like, the fact is they've MADE signings and on the whole, each one looks to be an improvement.

Scowcroft is a good experienced forward and Patulea is a gamble, but scored lots of goals at Lincoln. Smith and Chorley are both excellent signings too.

They have improved, we have gone backwards.

Patulea only scored 11 last year, in a lower league than ours. He's gone to them with a worse goalscoring record than Revell did to us in League One. Smith is a decent signing.

No one is saying that they haven't improved. They look like a solid midtable Club which with their resources and in this tricky division I don't think is anything for them to be ashamed of. We've gone backwards by default in that we've lost our best player (Dervite) and not replaced him. We will replace him ultimately though.

They've also got that dodgy manager from Colchester who can't organise a defence. He's had his honeymoon spell and now he'll get down to the serious business of running the team into the ground.

We could be in the Blue Square Prem and they in the Championship, and I still wouldn't be jealous of Orient.

For a start, they've got some shocking fans. Some even lurk on here...

;)

I did raise an eyebrow when they signed Scowcroft because of the name, so to speak, but I do think he's one of these incredibly average players that have made a career in a high league.

I am jealous that they are seemingly able to sign players though. The thing is, that they are throwing wages at it, so if they struggle then it may well come back to bite them. Smith and Scowcroft alone are on over £3k a week each.

Good luck to Orient, I can remember MKS Pogon in Polish Ekstraklasa league, spending over the odd on players wages, they end up finishing bottom in 2007 and have to drop down to Liga 2 due to money problem, but in English league, club with money problem and going into administration and get away with it, losing 10 points but still staying in their division.

I rather support a club that don't spend over the odd on wages, in case they fail to get promoted, they could end up into administration - Orient fan base is poor, we have 3/4 thousand more fans than them watching Southend (same goes for Colchester Utd too) - so I am not jealous of what Orient is doing.

I can tell you, Tilson should send the scout to watch Polish Liga 1 and 2 (same as Championship and League 1) they got quality players on cheap, that can make Southend stronger if they bring the right one, they would be on between £300 to £1000 a week.

Any1 else getting slightly jealous of them? Scowcroft has signed for them, along with the other summer signings of jimmy smith, scott mcleish, ben chorley and adrian patulea, hate to say it but they could shape up into handy league1 outfit.

You obviously didn't see us last night. Godawful hoofball is far too kind.

That said, I think 14th should be within our grubby grasp.

Good luck to Orient, I can remember MKS Pogon in Polish Ekstraklasa league, spending over the odd on players wages, they end up finishing bottom in 2007 and have to drop down to Liga 2 due to money problem, but in English league, club with money problem and going into administration and get away with it, losing 10 points but still staying in their division.

Sorry to disappoint, but there's no way on earth we're spending beyond our means.

They did have a massive clear out of about 12+ players so will have got some extra funds to spend on wages etc. That and the fact Barry Hearn can just put in a bit of money when he wants.

I know one of the young lads Matt Hall there who has been playing pre-season. He says they are aiming top half of the league and with the addition of a couple of new signings who knows. They are optimistic.

I could never envisage a time when anybody would envy Orient in any capacity whatsoever. Just another run-of-the-mill lower league club, loved by their own supporters, not given a second's thought bar the odd cup run by anybody else, much like us.

It concerns me more that an element of our own support could think that way though ...

Brilliant result for Orient - Newcastle had a very strong team out, its a disgrace.

Christ, they are having a worse pre-season than us - I take it all back about us being a joke club now :D

Cracking result for the Orient, didn't know who I wanted to lose that game more to be honest.

They seem to be building a decent side down there, but if we bring in a centre half and a left back I'd still be confident of finishing above them.

Could be a good outside bet for the play-offs though, would get decent value at least.

Back