• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Just seen the relevation that ORM is considering buddhism.

With this in mind: what Southend player would you like to be reincarnated as: given their career, their earnings, respect etc?

I'd go for Spencer Prior - played in Europe, played in the top division, won promotions for us in two spells. (Not sure about his music taste though)

Torn between Alan Moody and Bill Garner

or maybe Terry Johnson

Last edited:
Benyon would like to be re-incarnated as a goal-scoring striker

Chris Powell, mostly for the longevity of his overall career in the game - the longer I could stay associated with the sport and get paid the better. Good pro career, got the proudest achievement in being able to represent his country. Chairman at the PFA and continues in the game as a respected and relatively successful manager.

Naps, picking Prior has nothing to do with the fact he's a coach with the Aussie girls national side then?

Given that Stanley had a go on Kirsty Gallacher, that would have to be my answer. I would pass on Ulrika, though I wouldn't have minded giving her a ****ing good kicking.

Would be Sir Stanley easily for me , IF it wasn't for having to put up with a Brummie accent

Just seen the relevation that ORM is considering buddhism.

With this in mind: what Southend player would you like to be reincarnated as: given their career, their earnings, respect etc?

Ha ha Naps ! Stretching a little bit but like it.

Mine would be Kevin Maher. Put his football before his family (promo play off). Not unlike my son's first birthday at which we ha a huge family gathering. Much to my wife's disappointment i disappeared to play football (as SZFC people will confirm I'm quite passionate on the playing side !). Ended up fracturing a bone in my foot and in plaster for 8 weeks. Still i did the right thing went home and only to the hospital in the early hours when party was done, though i was in agony. This was also 1 week into a new job for which I took a half day in the morning for the plastering !

Like KM I was also severely underestimated :smile: Just to have those 3 glorious seasons KM gets my vote.

Back