• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sufc.2008

First XI
Here at Gillingham today, and I'm sure our away fans are getting worse.

We appear to be attracting young lads thinking they're in Green Street, showing zero respect to our other fans. Add to this that a large section seem to not actually be interested in the game. Not sure I've ever seen so many people up and down throughout the first half!

...not good!

Always happens at local away games....people moan at their 1 or 2 away games a year. about chaps that usually go most away games

To be fair I was pretty irate myself in the first half and I'm hardly Green Street. Some refereeing decisions just bring that out of you.

Always happens at local away games....people moan at their 1 or 2 away games a year. about chaps that usually go most away games
Does going to most away games entitle them to act like morons, like the ones breaking seats behind us today?

Just back from the rub-a-dub-dub, didn't go to the game due to work....however, the games I attend (home and away), I don't set out to being a ****.
I get frustration / annoyance with incompetent officials (based on today's thread)....but please, sort your **** out..it's football, and sometimes you get lucky, and other times, you're robbed

The joys of following SUFC......trust me, I've been doing it for more years than I care to remember....but, I will always be a fan.....thick and thin

Sounds like the same band of ***** who I had to put up with at the FA cup tie at Millwall - giving it the Gareth Hunt to the home fans whilst standing behind a steward. No time for them, Southend or not - type of dick heads who are going to get me a punch in the face - obviously they will be on their toes.

TrueBlues kindergarden trainees finally turning 18 and going out for 'my first beer'?

I don't know about everyone else, but when i was young i used to act like:

A) I knew it all
B) An arsehole
C) Overly aggressive

I'm sure most of us have been there.

Come on WESTY that's not very fair or correct,these youngster are doing this **** off their own backs.

That is likely correct and very fair minded Tony.

It may also be that they are following on from examples previously observed and admired of how some of the "older" attendees deport; or it may be that they have read of "glory" days from, for example, historic Watford posts and want to emulate and replicate.:'(

I doubt we have seen the last of their antics.
On a positive note there were no smoke bombs?

"On a positive note there were no smoke bombs?"

I heard a steward say that our fans were searched because "You have a history of pyrotechnics".

Yeah let's target our young fans because of what they wear. If they'd been wearing replica shirts and argued with the stewards then there wouldn't be a thread.

Yeah let's target our young fans because of what they wear. If they'd been wearing replica shirts and argued with the stewards then there wouldn't be a thread.

I don't think what they wear determines whether they break seats or make the Nescafe hand-wave to Millwall supporters.

Back