• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't know about everyone else, but when i was young i used to act like:

A) I knew it all
B) An arsehole
C) Overly aggressive

I'm sure most of us have been there.

Youv'e certainly never posted anything on here to suggest you are overly aggressive :winking:

Sorry couldn't resist that one.

Interesting thread. I didn't see any anti-social behaviour yesterday but that may have been where I was sitting but I did comment to my friends that there were lots and lots of young lads that I hadn't seen before. I'm not the snappiest of dressers so I won't comment on their attire.

I also commented that I could hardly see a woman in the away end and it seemed very male heavy which I know is quite normal but it seemed overly so on Saturday

On reflection, most "lads" have been / still are, cocks.....it's all about growing up without losing your enthusiasm.

As a senior supporter, I appreciate that we all want to "be noticed", loud and proud etc....but just to support the team......whilst being a total pain in the arse to the away fans.

In summary, have a laugh, but be decent "amongst your own".

Hear endeth Sunday evening evensong.

On reflection, most "lads" have been / still are, cocks.....it's all about growing up without losing your enthusiasm.

As a senior supporter, I appreciate that we all want to "be noticed", loud and proud etc....but just to support the team......whilst being a total pain in the arse to the away fans.

In summary, have a laugh, but be decent "amongst your own".

Hear endeth Sunday evening evensong.

Amen to that.

"On a positive note there were no smoke bombs?"

I heard a steward say that our fans were searched because "You have a history of pyrotechnics".

The conversation I heard in front of me in the queue between two youths was as follows:

Youth A: " oh s*** they are searching people!"
Youth B: "did he get in he's got the pyro? "
Youth A: " dont worry, they can't search us, we're under 16"
Youth B: "oh there he is, he's got in!"

These lads were rather young and were dressed as extras from green street. There was a rather large following of similar said lads yesterday. Why the pyro didn't go off is a mystery. Perhaps the police filming the new series of you've been framed put them off.
I'm just glad it didn't go off.

The conversation I heard in front of me in the queue between two youths was as follows:

Youth A: " oh s*** they are searching people!"
Youth B: "did he get in he's got the pyro? "
Youth A: " dont worry, they can't search us, we're under 16"
Youth B: "oh there he is, he's got in!"

These lads were rather young and were dressed as extras from green street. There was a rather large following of similar said lads yesterday. Why the pyro didn't go off is a mystery. Perhaps the police filming the new series of you've been framed put them off.
I'm just glad it didn't go off.

So you pointed them out to said police right?

So you pointed them out to said police right?

Well baring in mind the two boys in front of me had nothing on them and the person they were talking about was already in the stadium and was unknown to me. What could I actually report?

Sad to report in front of me in the queue to get in it wasn't youngsters but a couple of older guys who definitely should have known better than to start swearing and being aggressive to the stewards, one of whom being female. Not only did they let themselves down but also held up the queue for the rest of us trying to get in before kick off. Surprise surprise, they weren't allowed in.

As said above, everyone was being searched because of our "history with pyrotechnics". Thanks W Block (or whatever block it is), not only are your West stand antics costing the club fines, they are making it bloody inconvenient for everyone else!

As said above, everyone was being searched because of our "history with pyrotechnics". Thanks W Block (or whatever block it is), not only are your West stand antics costing the club fines, they are making it bloody inconvenient for everyone else!

Problem is, unless they were doing actual "pat downs", they wouldn't find anything as they are so small.

Moaning barstards on here. Love reminiscing about the "good ol' days" but then moan when a kid wants to have a laugh with his mates. I couldn't give a **** if a chap breaks a chair in the away end...if you do why don't you act like an adult and tell your thoughts?

Most those that moan are just sad they didn't live their childhoods through laughter, probs settled down with some butters lass early doors and still require a pass on a Saturday to go and watch the football.

id rather see a lad dressed smart then an adult in a replica shirt....now THAT IS embarrasing

Moaning barstards on here. Love reminiscing about the "good ol' days" but then moan when a kid wants to have a laugh with his mates. I couldn't give a **** if a chap breaks a chair in the away end...if you do why don't you act like an adult and tell your thoughts?

Most those that moan are just sad they didn't live their childhoods through laughter, probs settled down with some butters lass early doors and still require a pass on a Saturday to go and watch the football.

id rather see a lad dressed smart then an adult in a replica shirt....now THAT IS embarrasing

I wear a replica shirt to games and I pay full price for it therefore giving the club money. It's a football game not a fashion show.

Christ, is this what the fanbase has resorted to moaning about?

Groups of teenage "lads" dressed in Stoney gear, being loud, bouncing around a bit and flicking a finger towards opposition fans now and then. Oh and perhaps carrying a smoke bomb?

What actually did they do wrong other than the above?...did they start smashing up Gillingham and cause thousands of £££'s of improvements?.....did they rape and pillage the locals?....having a few sneaky underage cans of White Lightning and sharing a pack of 10 Sovereign?

Every single club in the country has their fair share of young lads that are into the new-age "ultra" type crap. Let them get on with it. If they overstep the mark, then the authorities/club will deal with them as they see fit. It's nothing new and 99% of the time just lads being lads.

If their behaviour doesn't sit well with you, either move away and/or report it.

Hahahahahahaha

I'm just wondering what a butters lass is. Is it like your mum making your sandwiches is the morning?

Didn't see anything unusual and I was sat at the back near most of the kids. They were cool, probably embarrassed by my dabs at the police filming us haha

I don't know about everyone else, but when i was young i used to act like:

A) I knew it all
B) An arsehole
C) Overly aggressive
Cannot agree, some of us were brung up proper and didn't resort to being a t••t

Lucky you.

Probably of the generation that children should be seen and not heard.

The 70s was pure bedlam from what I hear. But hey moan if you like

Back