• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Disciplinary Record

CC51DAS

President
Am I the only one who is beginning to find our disciplinary record a bit of an embarrassment?

As I said on another thread it was a lack of discipline that cost us the game last night. Players should have it drummed into them that two footed lunges will result in them being sent off - referees are instructed to do so.

And whilst it is convenient to say that some refs - eg the winker who did the Orient away match last year - are useless and card happy , the same cannot be said for Mr Singh , whose praises have been sung on here on many occasions .

Last season we had a number of needless sendings off for the same offence - Bailey at Swansea and Scannel at Millwall immediately spring to mind and we ended up with one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. Our main miscreant has yet to start this season and we already must be near the top of the offenders list.

Last night Revell started it off and our team littered the game with other bad tackles - some of which such as Grant's just before Moooooose's sending off - went unpunished .

This is a needless and reckless approach and one which T+B have to stamp out ( pardon the pun !)

It won't be long before Tilly is bemoaning the fact that we are down to the bare bones .

I can understand the need to balance the books and therefore run a small squad but to deplete that further through a lack of discipline is inexcuseable imho .

If we keep throwing away points and matches like last night then the gates will start to dwindle and we all know what that means .

I think it shows we are a commited side which is only a good thing imo

If we keep throwing away points and matches like last night then the gates will start to dwindle and we all know what that means .

I get what you are saying but that is a bit over the top.

I thought overall we were unlucky last night and didn't deserve to lose the game.

Am I the only one who is beginning to find our disciplinary record a bit of an embarrassment?

As I said on another thread it was a lack of discipline that cost us the game last night. Players should have it drummed into them that two footed lunges will result in them being sent off - referees are instructed to do so.

And whilst it is convenient to say that some refs - eg the winker who did the Orient away match last year - are useless and card happy , the same cannot be said for Mr Singh , whose praises have been sung on here on many occasions .

Last season we had a number of needless sendings off for the same offence - Bailey at Swansea and Scannel at Millwall immediately spring to mind and we ended up with one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. Our main miscreant has yet to start this season and we already must be near the top of the offenders list.

Last night Revell started it off and our team littered the game with other bad tackles - some of which such as Grant's just before Moooooose's sending off - went unpunished .

This is a needless and reckless approach and one which T+B have to stamp out ( pardon the pun !)

It won't be long before Tilly is bemoaning the fact that we are down to the bare bones .

I can understand the need to balance the books and therefore run a small squad but to deplete that further through a lack of discipline is inexcuseable imho .

Fair enough.

What we need is controlled agression.

You are right IMO that T & B need to work on the right level of tactical combativeness.

Sure they will get it right as refs will otherwise target us with their pre-conceptions, which as you indicate may have an adverse affect upon our results [as with Singh/Brighton].

Last edited:

I thought overall we were unlucky last night and didn't deserve to lose the game.

Well I don't disagree that we looked good overall up to that point . But if Moooose had not lunged and whether rightly or wrongly got sent off , I believe we would have got at least a draw last night . And in the end people come to watch successful teams ( unless they follow Newcastle or Mna City !)

I wonder whether our disciplinary record last season means that refs are coming into our games this season with a pre-conceived misconception and being harsher than necessary. We have, I think, already had 10 yellows and 1 red in 3 games.

I wonder whether our disciplinary record last season means that refs are coming into our games this season with a pre-conceived misconception and being harsher than necessary. We have, I think, already had 10 yellows and 1 red in 3 games.

I think you are absolutely right about this pre-conception OBL. And as for the card count , that is really quite shocking and one acheived without last years main collector even kicking a ball !

I think this is a far bigger issue than whether one decision by one ref was right or wrong .

Surely our team should be coached to play in a manner that will not give the ref an opportunity to brandish red - just like our guys are taught to get the ball out of harm's way when we are a goal up with a few minutes to play !

We have already needlessly dropped 5 points this season and as I've said before , the paying public wants to come and watch successful sides .

Not pre-conceved, but they do their homework. They'll know who has been sent off, what for, when, who by and they will keep their eyes on potential problems.

Not pre-conceved, but they do their homework. They'll know who has been sent off, what for, when, who by and they will keep their eyes on potential problems.

Thnaks for that LF , that says it all . And in other words we now have a big hole to dig ourselves out of

An injust sending of cost us the game, not out footballing prowess, because we WERE the best side friday night

An injust sending of cost us the game, not out footballing prowess, because we WERE the best side friday night

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing but the only point I'm making is that by lunging in - as we frequently do and repeatedly did on Friday night - we are leaving ourselves open for this kind of thing to happen . IMHO we were comfortably better than gaytown on Friday and have thrown away 3 points . Whether Mr Singh was right or wrong Moussa didn't need to expose himself to the possibility of getting sent off . How many of us were watching and thinking - 'someone's going to get sent off soon' , I wonder ?

Mousa didn't lunge in .... he took possession of the ball on the gound and Virgo jumper in ....

Undoubtedly we have a reputuion - wrongly - we do still compete when the opposition take it to THAT level but are generally the "footballing" side drawn into a "war".... and then likely to be on the wrong end of a decision as the ref thinks our rep. is justified and the dirty game is down to us ...

Bailey at Swansea .... a joke decision, Harrold against yeovil a joke decision, Scannell at Millwall harsh, L. Clarke at Forest sort of wrong, it goes on and on ....

Gower trying to do that bloke (after maher had gone) at Colchester was brilliant.....

I don't think Tilson believes in THAT sort of football.... the beautiful game and all that.

I would rather not have to watch players cheat -

Mousa didn't lunge in .... he took possession of the ball on the gound and Virgo jumper in ....

Undoubtedly we have a reputuion - wrongly - we do still compete when the opposition take it to THAT level but are generally the "footballing" side drawn into a "war".... and then likely to be on the wrong end of a decision as the ref thinks our rep. is justified and the dirty game is down to us ...

Bailey at Swansea .... a joke decision, Harrold against yeovil a joke decision, Scannell at Millwall harsh, L. Clarke at Forest sort of wrong, it goes on and on ....

Gower trying to do that bloke (after maher had gone) at Colchester was brilliant.....

I don't think Tilson believes in THAT sort of football.... the beautiful game and all that.

Could not agree more. Soon our players will be too frightened to go for a ball in feaR OF GETTING SENT OFF

Agreed we do seem to get our fair share of ****e decisions.

You forgot Throntons antics getting Macca sent-off aswell.

Agreed we do seem to get our fair share of ****e decisions.

You forgot Throntons antics getting Macca sent-off aswell.

Not to mention Duguid as well.

It's one thing I definitely won't miss about Bailey - he was inclined to simulate and I don't approve of dirty tactics.

Back