• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Much as I appreciate TFS's sentiments it's hard to get motivated when you're watching a pile of pants. To be fair to the NW corner they tried at the start of both halves to generate an atmosphere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Dec. 02 2006,18:49)]We must have one of the most pathetic crowds in the league. I preferred it when we had 3-5,00ish and at least backed the team fully. These days we need support more than ever and is it there? Is it bollocks! We can only get excited when we're winning or beating Man U!

Today the game is 0-0, so the home team has the responsibility to go and win the game and with a bit of backing from the crowd it's possible. Is it there? No, instead everyone would rather be silent.

Quite frankly we, as supporters, were pathetic.

I play for ShrimperZone FC, and have always been proud to represent the Shrimpers. Therefore I always give it all, and expect everyone else to do so, be it as player or supporter. Today I saw the players being workmanlike but never saw the fans raise more than a whimper. Almost likened to a " we know we're down, so who cares".

Well I for one care, and it's about f%cking time every single one of us got off our cosy cushions for the relegation ride and did our utmost to raise OUR team, and get some points on the board. Who knows, it might even be enough to keep us up!
boring boring tilson..

i always cheers as loud as i can but today it was very hard. no heart and sole from any of the players except a few.

i really believed we would win today as i thought the team would give it all they could and thats all i ask for. instead lot of lazy players turned up, and i don't want to single anyone out but freddy was too busy counting how many days till january, he simply couldnt be arsed along with a few more players

very dissapointed today. and very depressed today

come on blues make us happy again, i have faith

I can't stand it when people say 'i preferred it when we had 3000 fans'. The atmosphere was even worse then! Can you really blame the fans today when they're watching such a dire performance?

after 40 years of highs and lows,why should i sing and dance when the football club and players dont give a sh/t about me , and are going ddown with a wimper ,perhaps the chairman will make his moneys with a new ground what ever league where in

I think TFS is right, we as supporters have to start taking responsability as well as the team and Tilly.

We arent helping the situation by not getting behind them, in fact we are probably helping in bringing them down.

I understand its difficult when things arent going right, However the Pompey faithful found something to shout about when they were getting hammered by Arsenal.

We dont support Southend United because of the Trophys, league Championships and Success. We support them in hope that we might just acheive something, like the past couple of seasons.

Now is the time to start shouting your support for the team becuase its a lot easier when your top of the league and avin a laugh.

Will you stop being a Shrimper if we get relegated? No i didnt think so, So lets show the same beleif and passion that we did on the road to Cardiff or Swansea away to gain promotion. Lets make sure come the end of the season that WE as supporters have done everything in our power to help our beloved SOUTHEND UNITED FC

I actually thought the fans did very well today considering the shambles we witnessed.

My concern is that after the inevitable relegation at the end of the season, over 2,000 people are going to 'disappear' from the season card registration database, those sold a ticket on the promise of Championship football at Roots Hall. Will they return if and when Southend United return to this level? Who knows but, at the moment, the club is breaking a promise to those fans (fickle or not) and will have to work even harder to entice them back to Roots Hall.

Back