• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of the frying pan.

Also, if people are genuinely questioning the financial clout of these businessmen.. then get off your bloody arses and do some research on their companies (i'm sure some have already..) there are some very healthy sets of figures floating around.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

At the end of the day you're not going to be 'wound-up' at the petitions hearing next week, they'll set a period of weeks probably months for the debt to be settled if Ron hasn't settled the debts beforehand.

Ya'll majorly ****ed at Ron at the moment, you want him out - but will you all feel the same in two weeks time when the dust has settled?

Take some time, get clarifications from the club, council and Sainsburys etc, so you know exactly what you're talking about, before you start making demands about shares and stuff...

Ron has managed to stave off the winding-up orders and managed to fulfill a seasons fixtures who's to say that he can't do it again?

It's not totally implausible that Ron could pull this through by the skin of his teeth?! It'd be disastrous, if you undermined Ron into failure at this juncture, if he has something up his sleeve that could've worked.

Knee jerk actions and reactions are rarely the best course of action.

bg_place_oldWiseSheep_250x211.gif

Also, if people are genuinely questioning the financial clout of these businessmen.. then get off your bloody arses and do some research on their companies (i'm sure some have already..) there are some very healthy sets of figures floating around.

J, playing devils advocate, does it not concern you that we could be swapping one lot of property developers / asset strippers for another lot? Mind you there may not be many assets left to strip.

What type of plausibe businessman... takes his company to court, several times over. To risk it's future.

We are a big gambling chip, which Ron seems to repeatedly play with.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

At the end of the day you're not going to be 'wound-up' at the petitions hearing next week, they'll set a period of weeks probably months for the debt to be settled if Ron hasn't settled the debts beforehand.

Ya'll majorly ****ed at Ron at the moment, you want him out - but will you all feel the same in two weeks time when the dust has settled?

Take some time, get clarifications from the club, council and Sainsburys etc, so you know exactly what you're talking about, before you start making demands about shares and stuff...

Ron has managed to stave off the winding-up orders and managed to fulfill a seasons fixtures who's to say that he can't do it again?

It's not totally implausible that Ron could pull this through by the skin of his teeth?! It'd be disastrous, if you undermined Ron into failure at this juncture, if he has something up his sleeve that could've worked.

Knee jerk actions and reactions are rarely the best course of action.

bg_place_oldWiseSheep_250x211.gif

Thanks for your wisdom.

But this is not a knee jerk reaction my friend.

We have been patient with Ron for a very long time, the time is now or never!

J, playing devils advocate, does it not concern you that we could be swapping one lot of property developers / asset strippers for another lot? Mind you there may not be many assets left to strip.

this being the salient point.

No, not when you objectively compare the financial history of both of them. Which, i have, in several lunch hours at work.

It's all well and good saying that the blue knights are going to be our saviours (if anyone feels like sharing the info they have then feel free to PM me!!!) but the biggest problem I see is how do they take control of the club?? RM is not going to go without a struggle,and as I understand it the consortium will not approach him again to do a deal so how do they become owners of the club??? Please feel free to enlighten me!

This is where we get involved, to force the sale to Sainsbury's - then to new owners.

this being the salient point.

Indeed.

No, not when you objectively compare the financial history of both of them. Which, i have, in several lunch hours at work.

Fair enough mate. What I have doubts about is the "food chain" 12 successful businessmen did not become successful by being number 2, or number 12 for that matter.

What we need is stability and in the immediate term assurance that we will still have a football club to support.

This is where we get involved, to force the sale to Sainsbury's - then to new owners.

But is that really likely? Will Sainsburys really want to get that involved? and how could they be persuaded to take ownership of the club? at the moment they have a stake in the land and not the club don't they?

And did Mr Rubin not state that the club is currently being run as a property development first and a club second? What do Mr Rubins company do again?

I agree we need something to happen but not being in the know (I also have no contacts) I think it could be as the thread title suggests....

And did Mr Rubin not state that the club is currently being run as a property development first and a club second? What do Mr Rubins company do again?

property, but i think its more rentals rather than stadium development, which would mean that the whole thing would have to be reassessed.

Back