• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barling Magna

President⭐
Hopefully only temporarily, but Northampton's defeat of Burton moves us down one place to eighth. A draw would have suited us better, especially as Burton have played one game more than us. However, on balance a day off should give our players a chance to recover and re-energise both physically and mentally: let's get the confidence back and go another long unbeaten run - we certainly need to....

Yeh, I think your right matey, though I also suspect the 2 cups have had a detrimental effect on our form. If it was me I would play the reserves against Orient and sod the cup matches. I know we need the income but we need to get into
league 1 more.
UTB

Division 2 is very tight at halfway stage. How many points will we need for automatic promotion and is it possible from remaining number of games?

84 were needed last year (we got 83), but in previous year's 80 - 82 has been enough. With 19 games left we'll need to average 2.2 points per game to reach 82 points, compared to our current 1.48 per game, so it's unlikely that we can achieve that. We would need 14 wins out of 19, or 12 wins and 6 draws..........

72 points required for seventh place in two of the last three seasons, so we need another 32 points - 11 wins out of 19, or 9 wins and 5 draws. That is much more achievable. Surely we can win the play offs for once..........

We are 5 points off 3rd place with a game in hand. If we can get a couple more bodies in and the injuries aren't too bad, then automatics can be a realistic.

Yeh, I think your right matey, though I also suspect the 2 cups have had a detrimental effect on our form. If it was me I would play the reserves against Orient and sod the cup matches. I know we need the income but we need to get into
league 1 more.
UTB

Orient is huge for the fans and the club, the prospect of Wembley could earn the club loads £££

Automatic promotion is doubtful,play offs at best given the quality of the reserve squad.If we can remain injury free soon then it may be a different story.As for winning the jpt at the expense of promotion that is being short sighted.Success breeds success :thumbsup:

Automatic promotion is doubtful,play offs at best given the quality of the reserve squad.If we can remain injury free soon then it may be a different story.As for winning the jpt at the expense of promotion that is being short sighted.Success breeds success :thumbsup:

No one has said win it at the expense of promotion, but neither should we just throw in the towel and lose 'just in case' it effects league form.

Winning breeds confidence and winning the Orient games could reignite our league form.

Back