• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SU BLUE. 2

I see garvan has gone to Col U on a free. I assume it's the same one that's been training with us?
UTB

Cue the "I bet this will come back to bite us" from the same folk that moan @ brown for having too many midfielders

Lets face it if he was ripping it up on the training ground, Brown would have signed him.

Lets face it if he was ripping it up on the training ground, Brown would have signed him.

Not sure about that no matter how good he was at training, as I think it would need to be one in one out of the existing CM players as PB has a budget that he needs to try and balance.

If anyone tried playing FM manager games, they should know what it's like to manage budgets to try and get quality players in, but to ship one or two out, to get them off the wages bills.

Garvan in my opinion is far better than Wordsworth, Timlin, Deegan, Leonard and Atkinson. Always thought he was a quality midfielder and the Maher figure that we desperately needed. Unfortunately we can't justify the wages on another central midfielder when we're lacking in other areas. It's a shame as Garvan and Timlin in the middle of the park would have been different class.

As I said on the other thread, if he is that good why did they only offer him a deal till January?

May well do well, but seems to have a question mark hanging over him.

PB has clearly identified that the northern outpost inbreds have far greater need of Garvan than we do. Shame for Garvan that he ends up getting a chance with a club that is going to get relegated.

From his interview it sounds like Garvan approached us, I think he just wants to show what he can do to other clubs. Maybe the short timescale gives us a chance to sign a quality player for a relatively low salary, but gives him a shop window to impress.

Shouldn't have signed deegan . Imho he is a standard league two player and should be used in the jpt only or to cover injuries.

Back