• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deegan was kept on I feel for away games such as today. For me Timlin would be one of the first names on the team sheet as well. Barrett has to start as well, otherwise what's the point in getting him in ! My team would be

Bentley
White thompsonBarrett Prosser
Lenny Deegan Timlin
Worrell Coker
Cassidy

Mine is fairly different - however I reckon Thomson would come on leaps and bounds playing alongside Barrett - this also gives defensive flexibility , in that we can switch to 5 at the back when on the back foot, however Coker is an excellent out let going forward . My team won't be the team, but it would be mine !

Last edited:
He's not my cup of tea I'm afraid. Much prefer Timlin or Clifford in that role.
Well he's not out there to be warmly sipped. Just a little tip for those of you who don't get the whole Deegan thing. Watch when the oppositions CM trudges of after being subbed [Plymouth last week] you might notice that he certainly is not their 'cup of tea' either.

Deegan was kept on I feel for away games such as today. For me Timlin would be one of the first names on the team sheet as well. Barrett has to start as well, otherwise what's the point in getting him in ! My team would be

Bentley
White thompsonBarrett Prosser
Lenny Deegan Timlin
Worrell Payne Coker
Cassidy

Mine is fairly different - however I reckon Thomson would come on leaps and bounds playing alongside Barrett - this also gives defensive flexibility , in that we can switch to 5 at the back when on the back foot, however Coker is an excellent out let going forward . My team won't be the team, but it would be mine !

Its 11 a side not 12

My team for today
bentley
white Barrett prosper Coker
Lenny Payne timlin hurst Worral
shaq piggot Cassidy Weston

hopefully going for 1-0 win with this attacking formation

bentley

Should win with 14 against 11.
hopefully going for 1-0 win with this attacking formation[/QUOTE]

I am surprised at the ampunt of people who would play Thompson ahead of Prosser. I get the fact that we will have two left footed cb's but so what. Prosser makes far fewer errors than Thompson and is in the right place at the right time. It annoys me that people write of our players so quickly. I get the point that Thompson might grow under Barrett s stewardship but, do you know what so might Luke !

I would start with
Bentley
White Prosser Thompson Coker
Deegnan
Worrall Leonard Hurst
Cassidy Piggott/Corr

Subs Timlin Piggott/Corr Barrett Williams Shaq Payne Smith

The biggest headache is do we put Adam straight into the side. Unfair on Thompson!! Maybe Prosser.
Bit early to put Adam back into the defence. Just look at our problem its not scoring.
At the back we have been (dare i say) , it excellent.
I do feel that Jack needs a rest as i am aware i am in the miniority but we have to set the
whole team around him.
Which i do think is one of the reasons Bazza has to come so deep!!

Originally Posted by sufcwatcha1
My team for today
bentley

hopefully going for 1-0 win with this attacking formation
Who is this, another new signing?

Heard this on a rumour site thank you:thumbsup:

Demes anyone else have the good feel factor back due to the las test signings? Hopefully this rubs of on the squad and gives us the final push for promotion

If it does have a psychological effect that rubs off on the players.........so much the better. As far as I'm concerned, what exactly is there to be excited about? We've signed two young strikers who will need to make their mark and a defender who is certainly Blue - through and through - but is also nearly 5 years older than when he was with us last time...... and he was getting rather slow then.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I didn't expect that much more. Yet I refuse to wet my pants with excitement and anticipation because of those signings, as some did when Freddy returned. I'm an old sceptic and pragmatist. Ask me the question at 5pm this afternoon and at the same time next week, maybe we'll be in a better position to judge.
What I do know, is that we desperately need three points this afternoon and I don't personally care if it's by 0-1! I'm not going to suggest a side, firstly because I don't see the team often enough to enable me to make such judgements and secondly, because that's Phil Brown's headache and not mine.

TZ beat the Oxford fans 9-1 this morning, well done lads, so now we just need the team to do the same :smiles:

14wxg8x.jpg

Back