• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
CJPhillips1982 Chris Phillips

Jean-Paul Kalala is again expected to be missing when Blues take on Oxford United in the JPT Trophy tomorrow night.

That isn't good news. Hope he is dealing with his bereavement as good as can be expected. We miss him.

Whoever is in the middle will have their work cut out.

Although I expect both sides will be somewhat weaker than Saturday.

My lineup

MOHSNI
MOHSNI MOHSNI MOHSNI MOHSNI
MOHSNI
STURROCK

We'll kill em.

Is it just me that thinks after the struggle on saturday we will go there tomorrow night and win comfortably 3-0

I'm all for playing our strongest side...if we can win this we're a step closer to Wemberlee

Not sure how this one's going to go, after the completely battered us saturday in the first half they will be out for revenge but we will be making chances and I would also expect them to aswell so it could be a totally different type of game. I would like to see bilel and grant start and maybe sawyer aswell possibly.

I'm going for a sneaky 1 nil win against the run of play again.

There was a lort of space on the wings on Saturday particularly towards the end of the game and with that 343 formation (if they use it again) it might be a good idea to give JJ a start?

My lineup

MOHSNI
MOHSNI
STURROCK

We'll kill em.

Not sure I can go along with this team Crawiano, how does Sturrock get in there!..............

Unless of course you mean Blair :winking:

The strange thing is we could make several changes and end up with debatebly a stronger team than on Saturday. Ive never known an SUFC squad where ive had full confidence in a lot of the players who have been on the bench recently.

Is Hall recovered from his Illness?

I would bring Mohsni in at the back to rest either Phillips or Barker, and bring in a combination of Grant/Johnson/Sawyer for Ferdinand/Harris/Hall depending on Hall's fitness.

If its not too many changes under JPT rules I'd rest Dickinson, Harris, Hall and Kane (have them on the bench with JJ) and give a run out for Prosser, Sawyer Mohsni and Blair.

So Moshni up top with Blair: Sawyer, Timlin and Leonard across the middle with Grant given Kalala role, back 4 the same except Prosser in for Barker (deserves a rest). Bring on Hall when Sawyer gets tired (last 30 minutes) or JJ instead if we are several goals up.

This still does not look a bad side

It's true that our strong squad allows changes to be made without weakening the side.

Recovered or not it may pay to give Hall a rest anyway, to the bench at least and give JJ a start.

Albeit against tiring opposition, Grant did cope better than Ferdinand against the same opponents.

J.P. will be missed again though, condolences to him and his familly.

Mohsni for Leonard, maybe grant for Ferdinand.Keep the back 4 as it is, the FA cup match is less of a priority for me, rest some players that game instead

To be honest I'd much rather we did well in this competion than the FA cup. What a finally it would be if we went there as champions and filled out half of wembley with blues. Unless we get to the third round , draw a big side away and coin in half the gate receipts I think the FA cup is only a distraction.

Back