• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

P.m.a.

Aberdeen Shrimper

It is difficult for me living so far away to feel that I am involved with the club that I love so much and I sometimes feel detached from sharing and experiencing the joys and the sadness that have been experienced by so many blues fans this season. Of course SZ does help folk like me and other ex-pats around the country and the world keep contact with the club we love so much and for that guys I truly thank you. Saturday afternoons are like a religion in my house, it reminds me of the match day process that I used to go through when I was living in Rochford, the only difference is that every Saturday I get my self all set up and ready to sit in front of a PC instead of being in the ground.

We all know that it has been an extremely testing and tough season for us all and I am sure that all the players’ the manager, the chairman and the back room staff go through as much if not more mental torture, soul searching and anguish when the results or decisions don’t go our way. Most chairman sack the manger when the club is in the situation that we are in but did Ron do that…no, in fact he showed his faith and belief in Steve and handed him a 2 year contract, In my book that is leading by example and whether we loose all reaming games and get relegated or scrap through and stay up I am still going to be positive, stand up tall and shout from the roof tops that I am Southend till I die and always will be. I am 100% confident that if the worst happens and we do get relegated we can and will bounce back even stronger and wiser next season.

We have a visionary Chairman who is his own man, a Manager that is passionate young and has so much to offer with each weeks gained experience, we have players that on there day can beat the best teams in the world, a magnificent new stadium to look forward to and we have with out a doubt the most amazing fans in the world, maybe sometimes a bit fickle but still amazing. Ow and the sexiest cheerleaders in the land.

So in my opinion the future is bright and the future is BLUE

Last edited:
I know what you're saying Dave, but I feel completely disheartened by this season, I think we've missed a fantastic opportunity to take this club to a new level, for what reasons I don't know.

Being positive (I know, steady on), we CAN still do this IF the right Southend turn up at the three final games.

Come on Blues, prove this miserable old get wrong!

I feel your pain! I am a student in Pompey atm and have been for the last two seasons. It has been really hard to stay away from Roots Hall. I can hear the crowd at Fratton Park chanting on a Saturday from my house and it is a constant reminder that I am not at the Hall taking up my usual position with my Dad and brother! I am lucky that I get to go to a few away and quite a few home games courtesy of soton blue (thanks!!) but I want to be there every week. This season has been really hard and at present I havent seen the blues win in the league this season! Hopefully that will change at Plymouth but if it doesnt I will be thankful for the season we have had, whatever league we are in next year I envision big things for Southend United! It feels like we really have something good building!

UTB!

I've been an exile for many years and agree with much of what aberdeen shrimper says
As a Southend fan since the early 70s I also feel that the future is potentially brighter than it's ever been - crowds highest in over 30 years, new stadium on its way (hopefully!), youth team doing well, chairman seems solid, eg, in way he has backed manager.
But...If we do go down next season is going to be massive in determining whether we can build on this potential - another relegation like last time we came down and it could be back to square one.

Its been hard keeping the Faith this season as we seem to have been out of our depth on many occassions. Nearly everyone we've played has had bigger stadiums, bigger crowds, more (and often, better) players, bigger wages etc.

Funnily enough its been the performance of our inbred friends from up the A12 (or down the A12 if you live near me) that has helped to show how far you can go with confidence, self-belief, luck, and a little financial risk (I understand Col Ewe have taken on a bit of debt to pay for their season).

Regardless of whether we stay up or go down, I think I'm still happier that we have tried to succeed within a strict financial budget that hasn't mortgaged the future of the club; and that we'll be a stronger team next year (even after we lose Eastwood). Some of the young players we signed this year will have gained tremendously from their experiences this year, as will the management team.

For now though there are 3 matches to go, 9 points to play for, and plenty of p.m.a. from me!

UTB.

I've been an exile for many years and agree with much of what aberdeen shrimper says
As a Southend fan since the early 70s I also feel that the future is potentially brighter than it's ever been - crowds highest in over 30 years, new stadium on its way (hopefully!), youth team doing well, chairman seems solid, eg, in way he has backed manager.
But...If we do go down next season is going to be massive in determining whether we can build on this potential - another relegation like last time we came down and it could be back to square one.

That wont happen, if the worse happens and we do go down then I know we will be the form side of Leauge 1 next season and and the team to beat

At least you wont have to pull your hair out on Sz Chat on Saturday mate:D

Back