• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Papal Visit

pickledseal

cowboy
So the Pope is on his way over for 2010... should be a good day out :)

"Benny is a shrimper" sung by a bunch of kids from Chelmsford lead by their teacher at Wembley Stadium will make the news ;)

I do wonder exactly how big an event this will be, I recon bigger than lots of peeps would at first imagine. It's supposed to be a 6 day tour...

So the Pope is on his way over for 2010... should be a good day out :)

"Benny is a shrimper" sung by a bunch of kids from Chelmsford lead by their teacher at Wembley Stadium will make the news ;)

I do wonder exactly how big an event this will be, I recon bigger than lots of peeps would at first imagine. It's supposed to be a 6 day tour...

Haha! :)

MK Shrimper's post has disappeared and it wasn't nearly as offensive as the song I was tempted to suggest.

Did anyone own an 'I like the Pope, the Pope smokes dope' T shirt back in the early 90s?

Interestingly one of My11s was telling me yesterday there was a a Pope (presumably a few years back) who full endorsed a bit of weed smoking. Perhaps the route of this t-shirt? ;)

Is he planning on visiting Scotland? I only ask so I can revive an old joke...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On a tour of Scotland, the Pope took a couple of days off his itinerary to visit the north coast near aberdeen on an impromptu sightseeing trip. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His 4X4 Popemobile was driving along the golden sands when there was an enormous commotion heard just off the headland. They rushed to see what it was and upon approaching the scene the Pope noticed just outside the surf, a hapless man wearing a Rangers football shirt, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a twenty-foot shark. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At that moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Celtic shirts roared into view from around the point. Spontaneously, one of the men took aim and fired a harpoon into the shark's ribs, immobilising it instantly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The other two reached out and pulled the scum hun from the water and then, using long clubs, beat the shark to death. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious man into the speedboat along with the dead shark and then prepared for a hasty retreat, when they heard frantic shouting from the shore. It was of course the Pope, and he summoned them to [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the beach. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]U[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pon them reaching the shore the Pope went into raptures about the rescue and said, "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I had heard that there were some hooligan elements and secterianism,bigotry and evil people trying to divide [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the glorious Celtic and Rangers, but, now I have seen with my own eyes by your selfless rescue of this poor young Rangers fan that this is not true. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can see that your society is a truly enlightened example of cultural harmony and could serve as a model on which other peoples could follow." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He blessed them all and drove off in a cloud of dust. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As he departed, the harpoonist asked the others, "Who was that???!" "That," one answered, "was his Holiness the Pope. He is in direct contact with God and has access to all God's wisdom." [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Well," the harpoonist replied, "he knows ****-all about shark hunting. How's that bait holding up or do we need to get another one?".[/FONT]

Whats that song about the Pope and a flute ??

I can't quite remember all the words

The only song, that i could play
was **** the pope and the IRA

Its the same tune as "Col Ewe fan on a piece of string" i think

Well he dresses 19th century, thinks 19th century and gives it the Eddie Large in a bullet-proof mobility vehicle to a group of indoctrinated fantasists - but what does he actually do?

bush_santa.jpg

Back