• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

Rumours of 100 at the concert. Time for the ****ing world to wake up and smell the coffee. If 0.01% of those 'fleeing' are terrorists that is too many. Knee jerk? Not a bit of it ! And it's also about time the Moslem leaders of the World, and their senior reps in Europe, France and the UK stood up and stated clearly and unequivocally that this is not happening in their name.

Paris, the victims, the injured, the shell shocked, the families. I'm thinking of you right now.

ONE.HUNDRED.PERCENT

Unbelievable that folk want us taking in "refugees" in the UK.... Worrying that the PM caved into pressure from the left and the EU.....Scary times and so many want to integrate these people into our own society.....

Don't get me wrong I'm all for refugees fleeing from shocking way of life and trust me I've seen the videos you won't get on BBC. But there has to be a radical rethink here. Start with telling Turkey to pull its finger out

Up to 8 attackers involved and 120+ killed.
Time for us to arm all or at least more of our own Police force.
This type of attack will almost certainly happen again in mainland Europe.

I think it speaks volumes for the background surveillance and undercover work of our security forces that there has been far less incidents in the UK than mainland Europe.

We are about to cut most police forces by about 20%

Arming our police wont make a difference. These idiots dont care about dying, their twisted beliefs give them a feeling of invincibility. Its amazing this type of attack hasnt happened in the UK and we must applaud our security services and police for undoubtedly foiling countless attacks.

" Its amazing this type of attack hasnt happened in the UK and we must applaud our security services and police for undoubtedly foiling countless attacks. "

Er...London bombing?

I use to know somebody who worked with the armed police in anti terrorist department. The stories he use to tell me about what terrorists were planning and then listening to the news months later to find these stories were true. Also ever wondered what happened to these people attempting these crimes, you never hear of their court cases, mainly as they get found they get exterminated.

What absolutely terrible events in Paris! My thoughts go to all the victims and their families.

The last report I read said nothing about refugees being behind it, it mentioned the possibility of it being radicalised French nationals (similar to the London attacks)
One report of a gunman mentioning what Hollande is doing in Syria.
It strikes me that we should all be trying to work out what is so wrong in Europe that numbers of our younger citizens are being disenfranchised to the degree that they would do this to fellow human beings.

Why in this day and age does the blind faith in millenia old folk tales drive people to do attrocities like this.

Madness !

The West can never stop these attacks,RIP to those killed,very sad news.

Arming our police wont make a difference. These idiots dont care about dying, their twisted beliefs give them a feeling of invincibility. Its amazing this type of attack hasnt happened in the UK and we must applaud our security services and police for undoubtedly foiling countless attacks.

Least we forget London 7/7 RIP.

I think it speaks volumes for the background surveillance and undercover work of our security forces that there has been far less incidents in the UK than mainland Europe.

It is also important to remember that there are no internal border controls in mainland Europe so it is much harder for individuals to be tracked.

Long term solutions to incidents of this nature are a good way off, and just further arming the police will not add to the solutions. Like it or not, a political way forward which is acceptable to the West, stable Arab countries and the terrorist organisations is critical. I'm not saying that lethal force will not be necessary before hand, including western troops on the ground in Syria, Iraq and Libya, it certainly will. But without a properly negotiated settlement at the end of it, force alone is a waste of time. I think this sort of event will continue for the next decade unless we do something differently.

Gatwick North reportedly on lockdown this morning after a man has been discovered with a hand grenade in his bag. They walk amongst us. :sad:

There's people on Twitter and photos on FB showing it, most likely someone with a replica but you still never know.

There has been an evacuation but there are just a number of rumours as to why. I think it will be a difficult couple of weeks as we will rightly be on a very very high state of alert.

Back