• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

ONE.HUNDRED.PERCENT

Unbelievable that folk want us taking in "refugees" in the UK.... Worrying that the PM caved into pressure from the left and the EU.....Scary times and so many want to integrate these people into our own society.....

Please don't crass remarks like this at a time when all French people -including my wife and our daughters- are hurting after the events in Paris.

There is no causal link whatsoever between the migrants issue and the gunmen in Paris.

Please don't crass remarks like this at a time when all French people -including my wife and our daughters- are hurting after the events in Paris.

There is no causal link whatsoever between the migrants issue and the gunmen in Paris.

Given that Islamic State have now claimed responsibility for the Paris atrocities, a large amount of the fleeing refugees have every reason to be running away from these butchers.

You have to be a particular bell to try and politicise abhorrent events like these.

Rumours of 100 at the concert. Time for the ****ing world to wake up and smell the coffee. If 0.01% of those 'fleeing' are terrorists that is too many. Knee jerk? Not a bit of it ! And it's also about time the Moslem leaders of the World, and their senior reps in Europe, France and the UK stood up and stated clearly and unequivocally that this is not happening in their name.

Paris, the victims, the injured, the shell shocked, the families. I'm thinking of you right now.

What makes you think the refugees have anything to do with it? Charlie Hebdo happened before the refugee crisis, wouldn't it make more sense for those people to be behind this as well?

Four heavily armed men force their way through a toll on the outskirts of Paris and are being chased by police but they are in an berlingo so the police should get them soon,hopefully.

Rumours of 100 at the concert. Time for the ****ing world to wake up and smell the coffee. If 0.01% of those 'fleeing' are terrorists that is too many. Knee jerk? Not a bit of it ! And it's also about time the Moslem leaders of the World, and their senior reps in Europe, France and the UK stood up and stated clearly and unequivocally that this is not happening in their name.

Paris, the victims, the injured, the shell shocked, the families. I'm thinking of you right now.

What makes you think the refugees have anything to do with it? Charlie Hebdo happened before the refugee crisis, wouldn't it make more sense for those people to be behind this as well?

Southendkid is quite right to point out that migrants had nothing to do with the latest outrages in Paris.Also to say that Charlie Hebdo happened before the refugee crisis started.

Despite what you say ORM, your reaction is a knee jerk one, and-as you seem to admit- you have no evidence whatsoever for your claim that even
"0.01% of those "fleeing" are terrorists."

Southendkid is quite right to point out that migrants had nothing to do with the latest outrages in Paris.Also to say that Charlie Hebdo happened before the refugee crisis started.

So the one with a Syrian and the one with the Egyptian passport were just passing through or maybe tourists.
I must not post angry
i must not post angry
i must not post angry.

So the one with a Syrian and the one with the Egyptian passport were just passing through or maybe tourists.
I must not post angry
i must not post angry
i must not post angry.

Did they come through the migration route though, or did they just fly in ?

Before you know the answer to that you cant make a judgement.

If they had training, passports and the finance and organisational powers to obtain guns and explosives it doesnt make a lot of sense to have travelled there by rubber dinghy and risk drowning before reaching their target.

I must not post angry
i must not post angry
i must not post angry.

If you're saying that some of the gunmen weren't home grown terrorists but were flown in by IS then you're privy to information that I'm not,since I've been watching the football for the last couple of hours.

In any case,even if what you say is true-and it may well be-then the people concerned are hardly refugees or migrants,are they? They're IS terrorists.

Please try not to confuse these two vastly different groups of people.

The Syrian came through Greece as hold the front page A MIGRANT or so i have read with my eyes in a on-line paper and trust me i can and i have made a judgement.
i must not post angry
i must not post angry
i must not post angry

I must not post angry
i must not post angry
i must not post angry.

The police have already said 3 of them lived in Brussels, so clearly those weren't refugees, so even if the Syrian and Egyptian (assuming they are even refugees, they could have just flown in as tourists or immigrants) weren't there we still would have seen attacks carried out. Blaming the refugees not only is what IS want (since most of them are fleeing from IS) but also completely ignores the actual issue. If these 'terrorist refugees' came to the country there wouldn't be much they could do unless there were already French citizens with resources ready to help them.

Guys, this is an emotive time. Clearly several people have connections with France, be it through their own nationality, a loved ones' nationality, close friends or living there.

A friend of mine posted this on FB:-

Please find it in your hearts not to paint every Muslim with the brush of hatred. These senseless acts of violence committed in Beirut, Iraq, Syria & Paris are not acts of sane people. Or of people wanting a better life for the future generations.
Let us not let hatred corrode our hearts & minds, instead, move forward with love and peace.
Yes, this is a social platform, you are entitled to say what you like, please, please don't do it on my page. You want to speculate, you want to spout hatred, do it elsewhere. I am blessed to have a wide network of friends & family who are multi-faith & nationality. And I love them all.

At this point in time, there is no way of knowing 100% whether the perpetrators are migrants or not. It is clear, however, that something does need to be done and I do believe that borders do need to be re-introduced across Europe. This won't stop those already in situ, but it might help prevent this mass migration which can so easily provide cover for people intent on causing harm.

I firmly believe, and have for some time, that migration has been allowed to freely and in too great a number. We have to encourage native Syrians, Afghans, Iraqis, etc to take the fight to ISIS in their own lands and to make their own countries safe so that people have no need to flee in the numbers they currently are.

One of the attackers was from Syria and passed through Greece last month !

Western leaders are mad,they bomb and invade Arab states then allow the movement of large amounts of people into Europe.

The police have already said 3 of them lived in Brussels, so clearly those weren't refugees, so even if the Syrian and Egyptian (assuming they are even refugees, they could have just flown in as tourists or immigrants) weren't there we still would have seen attacks carried out. Blaming the refugees not only is what IS want (since most of them are fleeing from IS) but also completely ignores the actual issue. If these 'terrorist refugees' came to the country there wouldn't be much they could do unless there were already French citizens with resources ready to help them.

To be blunty honest Kid i dont really care about where the scum came from or how they got there be it from mars or colchester or by bike or plane i care and i mean really care that 129 and no doubt more poeple are as we type this crap dead,very very dead,dead for having the bloody cheek to go out and live for eating dead for going to a gig.
A hundred and twenty nine plus leaving friends and family to grieve,to ask why,dead.
A 15 year old killer or is that not true as well.

Be sensible,Britain and France have 7000 Muslims on their watch list,considering the latest outrage was carried out by 8,you understand the gravity of the situation.

If you're saying that some of the gunmen weren't home grown terrorists but were flown in by IS then you're privy to information that I'm not,since I've been watching the football for the last couple of hours.

In any case,even if what you say is true-and it may well be-then the people concerned are hardly refugees or migrants,are they? They're IS terrorists.

Please try not to confuse these two vastly different groups of people.

One thing is certain the open border system has been exploited by at least some of these barbaric terrorists, and the huge numbers of migrants travelling to Europe has made it easy for them.

Poland has already announced that the attack on Paris means they will take no part in the quota system for Refugees, and other EU members are expected to follow.

One thing is certain the open border system has been exploited by at least some of these barbaric terrorists, and the huge numbers of migrants travelling to Europe has made it easy for them.

Poland has already announced that the attack on Paris means they will take no part in the quota system for Refugees, and other EU members are expected to follow.

Thanks for the "at least some".Maybe two at most-but it's far to early to say.

Poland has always been anti-Schengen.

Please don't confuse the terrorist attacks on Paris with
"the huge numbers of migrants travelling to Europe."

That's such an easy Kipper line.

And please don't try and make cheap, politiclal capital out out of what is essentially a humanitarian issue,either.

Shame on you.

I'm currently wating for my disdraught (French) wife to return from Palermo, (Sicily), where she's been comforting our younger daugher,(suffering from pneumonia), who was living in the 11th arrondissment last year,and used to drink and meet friends regulary at the Carillon cafe/bar there.

Last edited:
Back