• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parkin

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Ron has said that he is p%&sed off with Bernie Friend for his story about us wanting to sign Parkin.

He isnt the sort of player we want at RH

Source: Official Site

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,09:09)]Ron has said that he is p%&sed off with Bernie Friend for his story about us wanting to sign Parkin.

Cue - Parkin signs for Blues sensation.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,09:09)]Ron has said that he is p%&sed off with Bernie Friend for his story about us wanting to sign Parkin.

That's not the first time Ron and Bernie Friend have fallen out. The latter has tried throwing his weight about once too often - not surprised he has been moved to cover the rugby!!

SS

Nothing ever surprises me anymore, but the signing of Parkin would be a surprise - doesn't fit in with the type of player Tilly is supposedly looking for.

It makes you wonder who the "source" was then.

I would guess it was the agent, and whilst the paper will always claim that they are only "reporting the facts", I do feel that the media in general have a greater responsibility to the subject of the "facts" over the manner in which the "facts" are reported and the way that the "facts" can be misconstrued.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 09 2006,10:21)]It makes you wonder who the "source" was then.

I would guess it was the agent, and whilst the paper will always claim that they are only "reporting the facts", I do feel that the media in general have a greater responsibility to the subject of the "facts" over the manner in which the "facts" are reported and the way that the "facts" can be misconstrued.
When have facts been allowed to get in the way of a good story.

Apparently Parkin's price has risen to 250,000. What a joke when you can get Hayter for 150,000!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 09 2006,10:46)]Apparently Parkin's price has risen to 250,000. What a joke when you can get Hayter for 150,000!
Not an earthly that Macc will get 250k for Parkin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,10:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 09 2006,10:46)]Apparently Parkin's price has risen to 250,000. What a joke when you can get Hayter for 150,000!
I know! What a joke! If Parkin is worth that what is Freddy worth?

Parkin is an average player who will bring nothign extra to the side and in fact would be 5th choice striker in my book. There are plenty of other very good strikers who we could bring in for the same money or less!

I would be inclined to be open minded about what he can bring, largely because on the two occasions i have seen him i have been quite impressed.

However there are better players at our level who are possible available.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 09 2006,10:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
Or a closer comparison in style of player. How much is Drewe worth, because, IMO Parkin is no better a player than Drewe.

Since Bernie Friend quit as Echo reporter for Southend Utd in Nov 2003, Southend started winning games, so I would be upset if Bernie Friend make an return as an SUFC reporter, if that happen, we could be looking at playing in Conference by 2009!

Parkin is useless Donkey if he worth more than £50'000, I rather have Hayter from Bournemouth, not only we get promotion, Hayter also can play at Championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 09 2006,11:22)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Or a closer comparison in style of player. How much is Drewe worth, because, IMO Parkin is no better a player than Drewe.
I would suggest that Parkin is a vastly better goal scorer than Drewe, and his record shows he stays on the pitch longer, rather than Drewe's prediliction for first go at the bath.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 09 2006,11:22)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
I would suggest that Parkin is a vastly better goal scorer than Drewe, and his record shows he stays on the pitch longer, rather than Drewe's prediliction for first go at the bath.
More goals yes, last season certainly, but IMO Parkin is one of the worst players EVER to play League football. Evidenced by his performances against us, down the years for York and Macc.

250K is silly money for Parkin, and Ron is right to distance us from speculation around his transfer. We can get better for less.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 09 2006,11:22)]Or a closer comparison in style of player. How much is Drewe worth, because, IMO Parkin is no better a player than Drewe.
well he maybe the same sort of player only he scored 26 goals last season so a slightly better goalscorer I would say!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 09 2006,11:23)]Since Bernie Friend quit as Echo reporter for Southend Utd in Nov 2003, Southend started winning games, so I would be upset if Bernie Friend make an return as an SUFC reporter, if that happen, we could be looking at playing in Conference by 2009!
im a good friend of chris phillips and when he took over as echo reporter for southend united i asked what happened to bernie and he something along the lines of "he's moved up the echo ladder". he still covers southend when chris is busy but i believe he has a more general role. i wish i could be accurate with my quote, but obviously this was sometime ago and to be honest, it wasnt something i me sure to remember!

Bernie went freelance for a bit, didnt he? Or round the world, or something. I thought he was alright, actually. It's easy to placate the Southend hierarchy, when what we need is someone to stir things up occasionally. Chris does OK as a reporter, but not as a journalist, but he'll get there. Some stories are taken wholesale from here!

oops.gif

Back