• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thats more to do with the forum than the club.

Very few clubs have forums as popular as this one

That's very true, but without SUFC there would be no SZ........but I was chatting with a North Essex cousin in an attempt to score some very cheap points without trying too hard.

Can't wait for the home and away games against Col U. I hated being a league below them so it will be a decent derby, hopefully they will have some grass on their pitch this time!

Why does anyone care what these jabronies have to say? Colchester United are a non-factor.

For anyone who thinks SUFC are a nobody just watch any youtube clip you can find of Saturday, the sea front parade, the players video in the changing room. Our fan base is growing, if and its a big if, we can get the stadium built there is real potential for this club. I like many am looking forward to the derbies next season and im confident. The players at this club connect with the fans, they share the passion and this season has proved that everyone one of them cares. They will understand what it means to us. Our inbred neighbours can only dream of what we achieved over the weekend, not in terms of promotion to league one, they have been there for a while, but to see their average attendance is less than 3500 is a joke. I predict that we will have more season tickets than that alone next season. Are we nobodies? no chance, we are Southend United and proud!

Thats more to do with the forum than the club.

Very few clubs have forums as popular as this one

Very true Jam Man this forum is very lively compared to a lot especially at league one/two level. I used to like the old rivals sites where you could easily join in pre match banter and help away fans with local knowledge before a game. But in the end the keyboard warriors took over and it just became an area for abuse and died away.

Very true Jam Man this forum is very lively compared to a lot especially at league one/two level. I used to like the old rivals sites where you could easily join in pre match banter and help away fans with local knowledge before a game. But in the end the keyboard warriors took over and it just became an area for abuse and died away.

I always enjoyed the old nip and tuck on BBC606 with the likes of Col_U_Mike and Paulo. Always a pleasure to joust with them.

Ive been surprised on a couple of occassions when trying to suss out oppposition before key games that they dont have decent forums.

Not like we are a massive club.

Where do these people argue about 442?

Ive been surprised on a couple of occassions when trying to suss out oppposition before key games that they dont have decent forums.

Not like we are a massive club.

Where do these people argue about 442?

Even really big clubs have forums far worse than this one, it seems to be a dying art which is a shame. Yes any away fan who comes onto an opponents forum especially a local rivals forum, must expect a bit of abuse but as long as it is kept to a reasonable level I see no problem with it.

Col u season tickets are rather good value as well for league one footie, even after June 16th:blush:

Col u season tickets are rather good value as well for league one footie, even after June 16th:blush:

£370-470, not a lot of different to ours, and some seats far more expensive.

They do have cheaper seats in the end stand though, which is what we should be doing, having some cheaper options.

£370-470, not a lot of different to ours, and some seats far more expensive.

They do have cheaper seats in the end stand though, which is what we should be doing, having some cheaper options.
Yeh your right there, cut off date at 16th June is ok tho, so plenty of time to buy for them lot, I'm sure we would sell more season cards if we did the same as in cheaper season cards in other parts of the ground and extended the cut off date.

Said it before, the lower south is begging to be used for that purpose. can already get tickets in there for £15, but doesnt seem to be promoted.

Big question is what will our prices be next season now!

£370 :P

our adult season tickets are 300 quid and people are still pulling there hair out over the increase :)

haha. That night still haunts me, seeing Barretts standing leg slip. I think you may agree that the pitch that night was the worst I have ever seen. including sunday league football!

I take it you are far too young to have had the honour to play on Leigh Marshes?

Back