• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Holland R.I.P.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Whoever was resonsible for the new Cross of St George hanging from the middle of the south upper, please stand up and take a bow - I think I can safely say that Paul would have been very touched by the sentiment, and would have wanted this sort of rememberance.

For those not present today, the flag had "Paul Holland 1947-2004 (I think, sorry if the years are wrong), and the SUFC badge in the bottom right corner.

Was a nice thing to see, and I'm sure he was looking down with a smile on his face.

Paul Holland RIP - gone, but not forgotten.

Yeah, it did look good from where I was sitting in the West. Should look good on the TV 2moro to!

R.I.P Paul!

Flag looked good just the right size for the South Upper. I don't think Paul was born in 1947 did it say 1957?

How about for the remaining home games getting as many flags up as possible? Even the larger ones look great and of course can be taken up during the game as to not obstruct the view from the South Lower.

Would look good to have a few Bermudan flags for Goaters last game, I'm getting one.

By the way what happened in the South Stand somebody was carted away by the St. Johns, they didn't fall from the top of the South Upper in celebration did they??
rock.gif

It was a girl (teenagerish?) Hopefully ok now, not sure what was wrong but saw her wheeled passed taking oxygen via a mask. Maybe an asthma attack but
rock.gif
?

The man standing and taking a bow is Mr Graham Jolley, the butt of many of our jokes on a matchday due to his consumption of body weight in Mars Bars and really inane comments about the match in progress.

However as has rightly been said he has done a marvellous job with the flag - as I mentioned in my previous post the logo in the top left corner is tha balloon one for Blues Away, when he ran the coaches to away games.

Graham is going to arrange a time for people who knew Paul to sign it and this will probably be in the garden of The Spread Eagle towards the end of the season when hopefully the weather will be nice and warm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 26 2006,10:07)]The man standing and taking a bow is Mr Graham Jolley, the butt of many of our jokes on a matchday due to his consumption of body weight in Mars Bars and really inane comments about the match in progress.

However as has rightly been said he has done a marvellous job with the flag - as I mentioned in my previous post the logo in the top left corner is tha balloon one for Blues Away, when he ran the coaches to away games.

Graham is going to arrange a time for people who knew Paul to sign it and this will probably be in the garden of The Spread Eagle towards the end of the season when hopefully the weather will be nice and warm.
He posts on here as Skoda Man, so you can PM if you want to let him know you wish to sign the flag.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 26 2006,22:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 26 2006,10:07)]The man standing and taking a bow is Mr Graham Jolley, the butt of many of our jokes on a matchday due to his consumption of body weight in Mars Bars and really inane comments about the match in progress.

He posts on here as Skoda Man, so you can PM if you want to let him know you wish to sign the flag.
Despite Mr Crachitt's advice Skodaman would like people wishing to sign the flag to contact Ron Manager as he , according to Skodaman, will be responsible for the collection of signatures.

i dont come on here to post very often work keeps me busy
i do no you was only helping bob

the flag itself has taken time from my side to put together
after suggesting it to nigel holland pauls brother on one of our
trips to away game in the mini bus we now use

nothing has been done without nigel's approval and it was our joint suggestion that rom manger who now sits in pauls old
seat to place a post on here re the flag to get those who new
paull to sign or print there name in the two remaining corners

the younger supporter may not have a clue who paul was or what he did for the club with regards to travel for away games
and after his sad lose its my way of showing that he is not or never will be forgotten by those freinds who travelled away with him or who sat round him in the south upper

record staright

Back