• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some of you people can be quite cruel in your comments ,whilst attempting to be funny, no wonder SUFC players have so many off days.they probably feel why try to please when you lot only put them down.Anyway Paul its a nice thing you did mate ,some off us here appreciate it.

Why would a goalie not warm up during a game ?? If he had to go on at short notice surely better if he was already warmed up

Why would a goalie not warm up during a game ?? If he had to go on at short notice surely better if he was already warmed up

Because the chances of a keeper being substituted are very rare.

Add to that they dont run very far they dont need to warm up as much anyway.

True but u never see it usually when first choice is laid out on pitch they just hav a quick stretch and jobs a Good one.

Yeah but the chances of a goalie being injured are pretty high , and I think you'll find that they do need to stretch quite a bit so warming up makes a lot of sense to me

Yeah but the chances of a goalie being injured are pretty high , and I think you'll find that they do need to stretch quite a bit so warming up makes a lot of sense to me

No the chances of a keeper being injured are not high at all or it will happen more often, we often didnt even have a keeper on the bench.

Keepers do not get substituted very often hence you never see them warming up.

You ony really get the outfield players likely to be subbed on as a tactical change warming up anyway, rarely see all 7 out there.

Some of you people can be quite cruel in your comments ,whilst attempting to be funny, no wonder SUFC players have so many off days.they probably feel why try to please when you lot only put them down.Anyway Paul its a nice thing you did mate ,some off us here appreciate it.

Unfortunately that is the nature of the Southend fan

Nice touch from Smithy, half wondered if he might be back in goal next weekend, depending on Friday's result!

If anyone is on Twitter let me know I will follow you if you like I have the picture of the gloves on my twitter

How many of the goals have been Daniel's fault? Why is there any need to swap keepers?

I wouldnt change keepers just because we have lost a few, especially as the team performance was so poor.

Performance wise Bentley may not have been at fault for goals against Morcambe but there were instances where the ball was played into the 6 yard box where he didnt come for, the exact same thing Smith would have got slaughtered for.

Even though he is given more leeway than Smith I still dont think he has done anything to warrant being dropped and we should stick with him, the more experience he gets the better.

Back