• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
?
Any chance of filling in those that couldn't attend last night on what was said.

Did we learn anything new?

Did he say anything about the possibility of being able to keep hold of the better players inJan?

Offers or bids etc.

I couldn't make it so hopefully those that did can provide me/us with their views.

Thanks

Nothing really new, but it was worth attending because Paul and Graham were good value- funny,entertaining and passionate.

On the transfer window Paul said he would expect interest in 3 or 4 of our squad but if any were to leave it would be on our terms not anyone elses.
He said Bilel is working on his 'gremlins' and everytime they reappeared he sends him off to the gym so the cage fighter can 'beat the **** out of him'!:smile:
Sawyer needs to work a bit harder on his final ball and finishing but he seems to be paying attention (although he can still be a bit sulky at times!)
He puts a lot of our success down to having a settled back four - he doesn't want our two centre halves to be passing players - he just wants them to head and kick it away - and Barker can't pass the ball anyway!:hilarious:

There was other stuff but I can't remember it all at the moment!

The only disapointing thing about the evening was the small turnout - around 20 or so - I thought more people would have taken the opportunity to attend if they could.

He expects enquiries about 3 or 4 in january and he does have a say whether the bids are accepted.

is already in talks with Swindon about Timlin

When Mohsni has one of his "tempers" PS has a word with him then sends him down to the cage fighting gym for , to quote, "someone to beat the **** out him"

Mohsni and Tara (or a PS referred to him "that bloke with the girls name" ) have had a bout and Bil battered him

he does not expect his centre backs to pass the ball (Show me a team where the CB's have passed the ball 20 times to each other and I'll show you a team that has lost) Their job is to give it to the fullbacks or clear their lines

Timlin adds valuable "talk" in midfield as JP only knows sign language, Granty usually has the hump with someone for not passing to them and Kane is a mute.

Hall and Clohessey regularly bicker because Hall doesn't pass enough

He doesn't like Evans , or any manager who rants stomps about (been there, got the T shirt)

Would like more of the players to move into Southend because "that bloody road in is a nightmare and has caused a lot of lateness" . He said it worked with everyone living in Plymouth, however he added that it was so far away from anywhere else everyone had to live there.

Has been working on Sawyers game as he feels he is lacking in areas which currently prevent him from being anything other than an impact sub

He isn't worried about the attendances (q by Sir Teddy) and feels that they will increase as promotion nears

he then told a few anecdotes about his career.

Se started by mentioning Cluniemore (his friend) and finished with a wee birdie reference

He was open, honest and funny, seems to have a great deal of respect for Coughlan and also genuinely seems to realy like the players he has, any comments about players were either constructive of gentle ribbings

Was it well advertised though? I keep in touch with the OS and here but didnt know it was on.

As Firestorm mentioned every Trust Member was informed with a Calling Notice/Agenda either posted or emailed out several weeks ago. Details were also on the Trust Website, Facebook Page and Twitter, and it was also advertised in the Match Day Programme and announcements made at SUFC home games.

As the trust members couldn't be bothered, maybe it should have been opened up to all Southend fans. Ridiculous turnout.

The Q&A was coupled on to the Trust AGM, therefore it couldn't be opened up to Non Members.

What's refreshing is that he's able to be honest with us because he's honest with the players. He obviously has the respect of the first team, enough so that he can crack jokes about them, and even with our fringe players like Sawyer he's able to be honest - because he will have told Sawyer to work a bit harder on certain aspects of his game. Did he say anything about Daniels, I'd be happy for him to stay for a while and Morris have to wait for his chance again.

Se started by mentioning Cluniemore (his friend) and finished with a wee birdie reference

So Cluniemore is Luggy then..... I think most of us new that :Worthy:

So Cluniemore is Luggy then..... I think most of us new that :Worthy:

I think most of us knew that Cluniemore is someone very close to Luggy. Personally I don't think it's him.

Me too Dave... If it isn't him then it's someone at the club who follow this forum and is close to him..

Back