• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pay freeze for millions until 2020?

I base it on the fact that I never trust a Tory government. My old man instilled in me a healthy loathing for these public school boys at an early age, and living through the 80's and 90's that loathing was never tempered.

I'm not a Labour voter anymore, they're also right of centre - in fact no one speaks for me and I'm not going to bother to vote anymore - what a sad, sad state British politics is in.

Fair enough but like a lot of people it just sounds like your prejudiced before you've even given them a chance to sort out the total and utter cluster**** the previous Labour government created. I recently read Tony Blair's book by the way - I now think he's an even bigger disaster for the UK than I did before reading it...quite something. He seemed to spend more time preening himself and worrying about his popularity inside and outside his party (mostly inside) than he did actually doing what he believed was best - it was just one internal negotiation after another. He has a truly astounding talent for passing on responsbility for anything which could later be held against him. If we could go back to 1997 I think he'd lose by a landslide....

I base it on the fact that I never trust a Tory government. My old man instilled in me a healthy loathing for these public school boys at an early age, and living through the 80's and 90's that loathing was never tempered.

I'm not a Labour voter anymore, they're also right of centre - in fact no one speaks for me and I'm not going to bother to vote anymore - what a sad, sad state British politics is in.

Not just british bolitics but all bolitics is in a bad state,and will only get worse.

Smudgers right MK , we cant simply abandon or condone peoples views before they do something . Granted history does show that the Tory mind set is not one that lends itself to helping many people out side those who share their own views . As you already stated the Labour party are now more right of centre and the old schools of each party muddy the waters even more . However there have been people (and i use the old Teddy Taylor example ) of all political spectrum working to try to make it better for everyone (even if its only logically so the pleps don't kill them or the upper class dont have them shot ). Apathy is not the option any more , its one of the factors that led to the mess we are in .

Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction.

Fair enough, but how can we trust a Labour Government when all they've done in the past is left the country in financial penury so the incoming Conservative Governments to pick up the pieces. It happened in 1951, 13 years of a Tory Government (and we still had the NHS). It happened to a degree in 1970 (and we still had the NHS). It happened massively in 1979, 18 years of a Conservative Government (and we still had the NHS), and it's happening again now after 13 years of Prudence Brown, and no more boom and bust. And yes folks we still have the NHS.

As for the Public School thing, there's shed loads of them on the Labour benches.

Interesting view - are you basing that on Conservative governments past or this one. If it's the former then that can't be right. I'd take Cameron and co in preference to the previous ****-weak Labour government that allowed extremism to thrive under it's nose, let immigration run amock and created spurious and wholly unnecessary public sector jobs with a view to creating more Labour dependent voters. Add to that the complete and utter balls up your mate Gordon Brown made of controlling the banking industry and I'd have to say you could give me the current set of Tarquins ANY day of the week in preference to another Labour government. Interested to know your thoughts on this one MK....

We know that the Tory party is 50% financed by the City.That's why Cameron refused pointblank to allow any windfall tax to be imposed on the City at the last European summit.It's also why this present Government won't put a cap on bankers bonuses.
My guess is that history will judge GB to be a much better leader at a time of world economic crisis than his present reputation suggests.

Labour/Tory/Lib Dems are all in sway to the real rulers of this world, the men with the $$'s and ££'s. Politics is pretty much irrelevant apart from a bit of tinkering around the edges I'm afraid to say.

Labour/Tory/Lib Dems are all in sway to the real rulers of this world, the men with the $$'s and ££'s. Politics is pretty much irrelevant apart from a bit of tinkering around the edges I'm afraid to say.

Again nice idea but not true , its knowledge . At the moment who ever could generate the largest EMP pulse would be king/Queen ;-) . Money is a medium through which things can happen , have the knowledge to make it work first for you :D

Again nice idea but not true , its knowledge . At the moment who ever could generate the largest EMP pulse would be king/Queen ;-) . Money is a medium through which things can happen , have the knowledge to make it work first for you :D

Really Osy? With the rise of the extreme Christian Evangilists in the US like the Tea Party and Sarah Palin, it seems to me that they're living in the dark ages. They reject knowledge to believe in a nasty, violent old book full of ancient myths, and it is these people that control the purse strings of the world.

Really Osy? With the rise of the extreme Christian Evangilists in the US like the Tea Party and Sarah Palin, it seems to me that they're living in the dark ages. They reject knowledge to believe in a nasty, violent old book full of ancient myths, and it is these people that control the purse strings of the world.

Shouting loudly as well and good by Palin's dropped out of sight , Tea part representatives are not winning and no they dont control as much of teh power as their publishing people want you to believe .

My guess is that history will judge GB to be a much better leader at a time of world economic crisis than his present reputation suggests.

I think history will judge Brown's regulatory framework as an utter shambles that prompted the huge expansion in CDS and complex derivative trading without sufficient asset backing. I also suspect that history will judge the bank bailouts to be a serious error.

I'm happy to let history be the judge.Many economists have praised Brown's role at the 2008 G20 summit,which prompted Obama to initate a stimulus package in the US."When you wake up to the fact that your paper is Tory" and all that...:winking:

Really? Obama didn't become President until January 2009.

I think history will judge Brown's regulatory framework as an utter shambles that prompted the huge expansion in CDS and complex derivative trading without sufficient asset backing. I also suspect that history will judge the bank bailouts to be a serious error.

Totally agree with that point...If the Banks are/were to big to fail, then they are to big to exist.

Back